• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

contacted by email

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contacted by email

Hi there,

what are your thoughts on this one.

I have contacted Barclays via email(written form) asking them to supply copy of contract(t and c). However Barclay card have replied via email and state that they will not proceed with my request because they say i have to register on their secure site first.

Does not my email constitute written request.
    Tags: None

Re: contacted by email

Always best to use Hardcopy and snail mail for official correspondence of this type.
    You can't beat a good papertrail.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
      Always best to use Hardcopy and snail mail for official correspondence of this type.
      You can't beat a good papertrail.
      + they need £1 for a CCA request or £10 for a full SAR (which should include the agreement)
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      Originally posted by roksee View Post
      Hi there,

what are your thoughts on this one.

I have contacted Barclays via email(written form) asking them to supply copy of contract(t and c). However Barclay card have replied via email and state that they will not proceed with my request because they say i have to register on their secure site first.

Does not my email constitute written request.

thats normal security mate---to stop other people asking for your details --- log on securely and see what happens
      Last edited by Turboman; 24th February 2011, 12:57:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks guys for that information, i have already requested this information on the 13 April 2010, in writing and recorded mail, which i have seen was delivered and signed for by Barclay's. I have copied the Royal mails electronic receipt from their web site.

Comment

Hi roksee,

I am with curlyben on this and from now on I would ONLY correspond with Barclays/Barclaycard by Royal Mail preferably recorded/signed for, although it is acceptable to just get a receipt for ordinary postings. From now on never sign a letter with your own signature, I just print my name now and never sign anything.

Another thing from experience, now that you have registered your disatisfaction with the Barclays coven formally, it would be very sensible to move any banking you have within their groupings to another bank/building society NOT in their group, and divert all incoming funds to that new account immediately. Our cards were fully paid up at the time but they still stripped our busienss account because they claimed they had "made a mistake and lost the last two payments" on one card. The account was already OD and this took us ovber the limit and they even tried to charge us for the privilege! We got the money back but it took a very angry scene in the local crowded branch to do so.

regards
          garlok

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X