• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

these people are difficult

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• these people are difficult

I have had an awful time with these people. I approached them in January 2010 with no joy and then got CAB involved in march 2010 they to had no joy at all until 4 letters later. But it was then November 2010. It was agreed I would pay £50 a month which is about the same amount I pay my other 5 creditors. I received in January a letter from a solicitors that they had been asked by nationwide to put this through the court. I sadly made a mistake an pain there money into the wrong nationwide account, but when they made me aware I paid straight away.

My problem with them is they have never accepted my financial statement done by CAB and to stop legal proceedings they require 3 times the amount which is not in the budget.

I have no problems with the others, just them. I suffer with a mental illness which does not help and part of the reason I managed to get into so much debt.

My job is temporary and live day to day that I have a job.

any advice anybody.

vickki
    Tags: None

Re: these people are difficult

What have you / the CAB actually done so far?

Comment

Have they issued a court claim? Have you responded or do you need to respond?
      What was the result of the court case if one has taken place?
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

both CAB and I have written to them. Giving a breakdown of my monies, which they do not respond to. No court case has taken place, however papers have been issued which need a response.

Comment

When you say papers what papers exactly, Just the solicitors letter or an N1 Court claim ?
          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

the papers are an N1

Comment

Although others would be better in advising how to deal with the N1, I would be tempted to write to Nationwide expressing your surprise and disappointment that they have chosen to ignore a genuine attempt by you to discuss your financial situation and issue proceedings instead.

I'd remind them that on receipt of your financial statement they really should have contacted you in response as per section 9 of the lending code.

http://www.lendingstandardsboard.org...endingcode.pdf

I'd also copy in the solicitors and Nationwide's managing director if I were you.

Comment

[quote=EXC;200618]Although others would be better in advising how to deal with the N1, I would be tempted to write to Nationwide expressing your surprise and disappointment that they have chosen to ignore a genuine attempt by you to discuss your financial situation and issue proceedings instead.

I'd remind them that on receipt of your financial statement they really should have contacted you in response as per section 9 of the lending code.

http://www.lendingstandardsboard.org...endingcode.pdf

I'd also copy in the solicitors and Nationwide's managing director if I were you.[/quo
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                t
                These people are agreesive and difficult ,threats ,telephone calls the lot . They have apparently lost original agreements,have issued a claim for a court judgement. I am resisting claim as debt may be unenforceable.Would like some advice on this.
                Thanks for any help.
                M.
                Last edited by mc7232; 20th June 2011, 09:41:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If they have no agreement at the moment there is nothing they can do. If they reconstitute one, then you would need to examine it to see whether it's enforceable or not. With nothing they would be foolish to go to court.

Comment

Have a good read here:

BEING TAKEN TO COURT ? - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

and here:
                    Is your creditor suing you ?? - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

for specific help on defending this claim.

The court will want an income/expenditure statement too, so this will probably just horribly backfire on Nationwide.

Can you type up what the N1 actually says?

xx
                    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Firstly, I am sorry to hear this but the court will want an income and expenditure which the CAB have done for you...

My experience is that the courts will look at what is a reasonable amount you can afford. It will benefit you that you have TRIED to make arrangements and the bank in this case will look pretty bad for not accepting.

Hope it goes well

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X