• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

took out a caveat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• took out a caveat

Took out a caveat to stop my greedy sister getting probate of mums things, mum signed over the house to my sister 3 months before she died.
    I am told this was because my sister was going to put mum in a home (no way) so taking out the house mums things are now being given away or sold to anybody my other sister wants.The caveat stops her getting probate but how come she can still get rid of mums things. I have told her to stop but she still continues and has twice called the police saying I am harassing her.She refuses to give me a copy of the will or medical records even though I was left a candle stick and my other sister was not left anything on paper only verbally by mum. My sister changed the house over by herself and not with a solicitor.

HELP HELP HELP
    Tags: None

Re: took out a caveat

Is there a will?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Yes mum left a will but my sister says it does not concern me even though I was left a candle stick. As I see it mums house was a gift to my sister(thats another argument) but mums possessions should be covered by the caveat so why is she just ignoring it when she does not have probate. what can I do. HELP it hurts so much watching her give mums stuff away.

Comment

Originally posted by alroh57 View Post
        Yes mum left a will but my sister says it does not concern me even though I was left a candle stick. As I see it mums house was a gift to my sister(thats another argument) but mums possessions should be covered by the caveat so why is she just ignoring it when she does not have probate. what can I do. HELP it hurts so much watching her give mums stuff away.
        If the will only states that you are left with a candle then I would politely ask your sister about other things that you might want prior to her selling them. Otherwise, I believe she may have the right to sell them.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Problem is I have stopped my sister getting probate by putting a caveat in place yet she is unwilling to give me or my older sister and niece anything she would rather give it away.

My sister refuses to show me the will so I dont know whats what.
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Must add that we all cared for her when she was ill .
          Last edited by alroh57; 23rd February 2011, 10:23:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Got a letter from my solicitor saying he cant force my sister to do anything, and I still havent got legal aid as my sister hasnt presented her case(thats if she wants to) so if my sister does not respond NO LEGAL AID stale mate.

Comment

Surely you can get the will below

https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate

I am having a similar problem with my greedy brother and his money grabbing wife and I obtained my mums so called 'new will' by going to this site.

hope you sort out the greedy person.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X