• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Call for Assistance - Have you had your claim stayed ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call for Assistance - Have you had your claim stayed ?

Legal Beagles are currently working on a major project regarding the Office of Fair Tradings case against the major Banks.

If you have had your claim stayed by the court due to this case please can you add your username, claim number, and court to this thread.

This is quite Urgent.

ALL STAYED CASES - even if they have been lifted/overturned.

Many Thanks.

Sharon
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Call for Assistance - Have you had your claim stayed ?

Tempty, 7QZ68556 , Torquay & Newton Abbot County Court

there ya go

Comment

Kafka, 7NP01408, Newport (Gwent) County Court
      This case was filed 3 weeks before the announcement but was not permitted to continue.

I should add that I have 2 other cases that would have been filed by now if it were not for the stays, because I cannot afford to have the money tied up for years.

Comment

Not sure if this is any use.7WJ02776 Walsall County Court.
        Natwest solicitors sent letter to court asking for stay, I immediately sent letter opposing it. Court phoned Cobbetts to ask if they were sure they wanted a stay as this is a credit card case. i phoned Cobbets and pointed out it was a crdit card case. Cobbetts said no they didn't it was a mistake and they shouldn't have asked in the first place. So no stay. Not sure whether this would be classed as having a stay lifted/overturned cos it it was never actually stayed in the first place.
        Is no longer here

Comment

Hi Sharon
          My case has been stayed and with your help I made an application for a lift of stay due to hardship which should be heard on 12th November at a hearing in person, I have written to Abbey requesting that they settle within the next 5 days (they have 3 days left) as they are in breach of the waiver requirements. My letter which was faxed yesterday to them is on my Abbey thread. Please let me know what other info you need for this.
          CLAIM NO:- 7BT 02249 Barnet County Court

Regards
          DSxx
          Last edited by TUTTSI; 21st October 2007, 00:03:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
            Hi Sharon
            My case has been stayed and with your help I made an application for a lift of stay due to hardship which should be heard on 12th November at a hearing in person, I have written to Abbey requesting that they settle within the next 5 days (they have 3 days left) as they are in breach of the waiver requirements. My letter which was faxed yesterday to them is on my Abbey thread. Please let me know what other info you need for this.
            CLAIM NO:- 7BT 02249 Barnet County Court

Regards
            DSxx
            I want to send a letter to the FSA to complain about Abbeys behaviour as I know that they are in breach of the waiver they reached with the FSA regarding the OFT test case and would like to send it by FAX, apparently the FSA do not want to receive emails or faxes from idividuals - but I feel they should after all unless they know what is really going on how can they make a review of the waiver this week. I can post it but does anyone know what department to send it to, to ensure that it arrives in good time and lands on the correct desk.

I have independantly sent the FOS by Fax my complaint and have sent them copies of my letter's to Abbey and details of my court application to lift the stay which quite clearly explains my financial hardship. Abbey would definately be in receipt of my recent letter which was faxed and the court application details, so they have no excuse for not dealing with me in the manner which the FSA agreed with them.

If I have got this wrong in anyway please advise ASAP.

Many thanks
            DSxx

Comment

Thanks DS - will get back to you this eve on this one Just having a natter with a couple peeps.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello,

Sorry just came across your pm

Case
                Claim No: 7QZ60324
                Salford County Court

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Thanks DS - will get back to you this eve on this one Just having a natter with a couple peeps.
                  Hi Ame,
                  As you did not come back to me I made a decision and I have now sent by fax and post a complaint to both FSA and FOS as Abbey are breach of the waiver.

It has occured to me that I should send copies of this correspodence to the courts as well as the letter which I sent to abbey last week advising them that they are in breach of the waiver and requesting that they settle my claim without the need for attending court hearing in November and possibly also send a copy of the waiver agreement. What do ya think, thanks.
                  DSxxx

Comment

Paradox 7QT29702 Via MCOL, so Northampton Court currently.

Comment

I have tow claims stayed but don't have claim nos with me

Abbey Current account hearing to lift stay 29th November Southend County Court
                      Co-op CC account hearing to lift stay 19th November

IF you need the numbers ill try to remember to sort them later tonight

Glenn

Comment

Hi all,
                        Been to sunderland county court today for my application to have my business claim stay lifted,
                        the bank didnt turn up and was in and out in 2 mins, the DJ declined my bundle and made references to the OFTs test case regarding penalty charges, I informed him that as it was a business claim i was not relying on the UTCCR. He asked me if id informed the Co-op about the application and i showed him a copy of the letter i sent to their solicitors, he was a bit unsure so i then gave him a copy of a letter from CAG which i believe is a reply to a letter Elsinore wrote to the OFT regarding business claims, which stated that Business claims were not included in the test case, as the bank did not show up he granted the lifting of the stay and said to be heard on the first availabe date after 1st Dec for the small claims track, got home to a letter from the banks solicitors informing me that they did not propose to oppose the claimants application and excused his attendance at the hearing, I was bloody mad, 3 file bundles and 2 days work, never mind though the stay was lifted..B

Comment

Baxter
                          IMHO, I think the bank will now pay you, if they were not going to opose your stay being lifted they should now settle immediately, why not send them a letter giving them a nudge.

When you do get paid then you can go for a wasted costs order and recover all your costs incurred.

Good luck
                          Ds

Comment

TUTSI, how i hope you are right, although im not affraid of the court system as its very informal, i hate all the paperwork involved, and with 2 kids and a small business to run im mentaly shattered, been waking at 3 in the morning getting everything right in my head..B

Comment

Baxter

My hubby has recently had his HSBC Business claim paid in full, the courts stayed his claim like yours and on their own volition they sudenly wrote offering to settle.

My gut feeling is that they will pay you just before the court date. As I said, write them a letter and remind them that this is a business claim and that you have not relied on the UTTCR's and that the stay in your case has now been lifted and that by going through to court for a hearing. You will be put to a lot of expense and time with the preparation of your bundles and that they should consider that if it goes to court and they do settle before your court date then you will apply to the courts for a wasted costs order. I have read that some peeps have claimed quite a few hundred pounds and have had it awarded in full.

Good luck
                              DS

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X