• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nationwide old account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationwide old account

My wife had a old nationwide current account that was never used. In fact we have a joint account with them which we have held for 6 years. Out of the blue we received a letter from Lowell saying they had bought this old bank account from Nation wide with a balance of £436.50 in the red!!

Having never used it or heard anything for some years about the account it was a bit of a shock. So my 1st response was to send them a Limitation act letter as they have never wrote/rang etc about this account for as long as we banked with them.

Lowells replyed claiming nationwide had sent a default notice on the 5th of July 2006. If we had seen such a notice we would have gone to the bank to find out how the account was in the red when it was not in use. So my next step was a CCA request.....

Back comes a letter telling us that curent bank accounts are exempt from this act and they do not have to supply it. They are however digging up some statements so we can see what this is made up of. I'm not sure what our next move should be. Anyone else had this?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X