• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Skeleton Witness Statement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skeleton Witness Statement

Hi all

Can anyone help me out with a skeleton witness statement that i can use and adapt regarding a credit card claim from a DCA

Thanks

VOLVO
    Tags: None

Re: Skeleton Witness Statement

Has anyone got anything to give me a start regarding content and layout etc.,

Comment

Think we'll need a bit more info on the claim and what has occured to date to help properly.

Skeleton Arguments are different to Witness Statements - so it sounds a little confused at the moment.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst

Sorry, maybe i was not clear, it is a witness statement i am trying to produce relating to an old barclaycard credit card circa 1995+ which i defaulted on in 2000. Has been sold to Cabot last year and i have a CFA agreement with a local solicitor to defend their claim due to illegible CCA agreement, failure to supply a valid NOA etc., but i have to produce my own witness statement for the solicitor. just need a copy of a previous WS for me to pick the bones out of and layout etc and then adapt with my info if you understand

Thanks for replying

VOLVO

Comment

Ahhh right with you. Shouldnt your solicitor be helping you with it ?

A basic witness statement outline An Example of a Witness Statement - About Small Claims (UK)

A WS is basically the story of what happened, what you remember about the debt to date so if you took the loan out over the telephone, if you received, signed and returned the agreement, if you recall T&Cs coming with the agreement etc.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amethyst

Will now read up on what you linked

VOLVO

Comment

Shouldn't this be stat. barred by now?..... or have you been making token payments on it since that time?
              Remember the mantra :
              NEVER communicate by 'phone.
              Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
              Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
              Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

The following have all backed off/lost the battle:

A & L PLC; A & L Finance Ltd; Global Debt Management Services Ltd; Shoosmiths (solicitors); Fenton Cooper; Mack Hall; Moorcroft x2; HFC; Barclaycard; Mercers; The Lewis Group; CL Finance; Cabot; M&S Financial Services, Triton, Green & Co. (solicitors)....

F&F settlement of a £52K ex-repossession shortfall... and now own my home once again....

Currently dealing with Tesco (RBS) & Moorcroft for the 3rd time.... lucky, lucky me!!! .... :-)

Life is like a game of Chess.... watch the enemy, defend yourself against aggressive manouvres and when in doubt, move a pawn....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X