• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marbles CCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marbles CCA

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
    Well I've advised the FOS about what Marbles have done and also written to Antonio Osorio, who has passedit on to the complaints dept!

I have no idea what the FOS take will be on closing my account during a dispute nor what response the bank may give. All Iknow is that I only found out about it from my credit file and nothing has been communicated to me or indeed the FOS about the account closure by Marbles.
    TDS

A thought have just came to me (sorry was half asleep this morning), but when one of our accounts - in fact Lloyds TSB bank account was in dispute about 2 years ago, the same thing happened with me, I remember logging online to lloyds and I could not get no details at all.

But luckily I did previously open a new bank account with the Co Op and had everything moved to there, the usual monthly outgoings and income made into the new account, so I assumed that was why.

Comment

Hi Di. Thanks for your post.

As a CC account Marbs can close it I guess when they like and it did have a zero balance. What I SHOULD have done (foolish man that I am) is keep a balance owing of say £700 back and make minimum paymnets for another 24 months, and the adverse data would have eventually slipped off as the account woiuld have stayed 'live.'

However, 'doing the right thing' has never worked out for me with lenders, particularly where my CRFs are concerened. So I stupidly paid off the balance a couple of months back and, while disputing the PPI and adverse data on the CRFs, the buggers have closed my account.

What irks me is the fact that I had to go on Experian to discover this (they apparently closed it in June) and NOWT has been sent to me in writing to confirm what they have done PLUS it was done during a FOS adjudication on no less than 2 current disputes.

I am wondering if they have to be complaint with customer care protocols.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
        Hi Di. Thanks for your post.

As a CC account Marbs can close it I guess when they like and it did have a zero balance. What I SHOULD have done (foolish man that I am) is keep a balance owing of say £700 back and make minimum paymnets for another 24 months, and the adverse data would have eventually slipped off as the account woiuld have stayed 'live.'

However, 'doing the right thing' has never worked out for me with lenders, particularly where my CRFs are concerened. So I stupidly paid off the balance a couple of months back and, while disputing the PPI and adverse data on the CRFs, the buggers have closed my account.

What irks me is the fact that I had to go on Experian to discover this (they apparently closed it in June) and NOWT has been sent to me in writing to confirm what they have done PLUS it was done during a FOS adjudication on no less than 2 current disputes.

I am wondering if they have to be complaint with customer care protocols.

Hiya

Its very easily done TDS, we don't think of these things at the time and do believe we are doing the right thing at the time too.

I did not receive a letter either via Lloyds, I happened to be checking the online account and realised I couldn't go nowhere with it, and it left a tel number for me to call.
        And reason being why I did log in was to print off statements, but they got there before I did.

I am not sure about the other though with customer protocols, sure someone will on here though, will be interesting to find out.

Comment

They must surely be obliged to write confirming an account closure? In your case I take it it was a current account and just pulling that without notice must have been a total nightmare and surely in breach of the Lending Code (or whatever it was called at the time)?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X