• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds TSB address confusion - help please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds TSB address confusion - help please!

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with confirming an address for LTSB please?

Background - I received an unsolicited letter with a Full & Final offer on a loan account which has an outstanding balance, from LTSB Customer Relations in December. It arrived immediately prior to Christmas and was addressed as follows -

Lloyds TSB
    Customer Relations
    City Park
    Three City Park
    The Droveway
    Hove
    BN3 7AU

I have used this address to correspond with the same named contact at LTSB previously so automatically assumed it was ok to respond to that address.

The letter referred to an enclosed pre-paid envelope which was - in true Lloyds fashion - not enclosed, therefore immediately after the Christmas break I wrote back to the address as stated above. My letter was sent via RM next day special delivery yet when I checked the online Track and Trace facility it stated the following -

'Your item with reference *********** was delivered before ***** on ******* As the item was redirected, it will have taken longer than usual. Please ensure the correct address is used for future mailings.'

Instead of next day the letter took two days to arrive, although the online signature does say it was signed on receipt at 'TSB', but having checked the Royal Mail postcode finder it clearly states that the address I used was correct.

Never mind that it cost £5.05 to send something which in the end did not arrive next day which was the service I paid for, but my letter despite being signed for two weeks ago by someone at a LTSB somewhere, has gone unanswered. As it was intended for a specific recipient and was also sent next day to ensure a response could be provided before a deadline imposed by the bank, I am somewhat cheesed-off.

My first thoughts are that they had no intention of me getting a reply back to them in time what with their letter arriving on Christmas Eve, allowing a short window to respond with several bank hols in between, no promised pre-paid envelope enclosed and the redirection of my response in order to waste further time...............

Sorry rant over, but as I now need to send a follow-up letter, if anyone else has either experienced something similar with that LTSB address or else can confirm it is no longer in use, I would appreciate it!

Many thanks,

Nellie x
    Tags: None

Re: Lloyds TSB address confusion - help please!

How long did you have to respond to the Full and Final Settlement?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
      How long did you have to respond to the Full and Final Settlement?
      Hi Nattie,

Thanks for your help! They gave me 28 days from the date of their letter which was dated a full seven days before I received it on Christmas Eve - this meant I had till 14th Jan to respond.

My response should have reached them on 5th Jan if it had arrived next day which was the service I paid for at the post office. Instead it was signed for on the 6th - only a day late I know, but as it now appears it was redirected to a different address or department and I've heard nothing further, I don't know for certain that the intended recipient ever got it.............

Your advice on my next move would be most appreciated, thank you!

Nellie x

Comment

Well for what it's worth I thought I'd try an experiment and send another letter to the same address but this time just via standard recorded delivery rather than next day special, as all letters sent that way to this address previously seem to have got there without any problems and, lo and behold my letter is showing on track and trace as having been signed for today with no mention of having to be redirected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So no excuses for them not responding this time - let's see whether they do.............and what's the betting they now say I've missed their deadline

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X