• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hopping Mad Re: returned cheque!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hopping Mad Re: returned cheque!

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
    Why a letter when an email will do and his email(graham beale) is in the public domain?
    I prefer to keep my communications to the written word; via royal mail recorded delivery, leclerc.
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Nice cheery lot of chappies, aren't they:
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/about_na...management.asp
    Last edited by Angry Cat; 22nd January 2011, 23:09:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Seems they are getting a bit too big for their boots.
      They recently closed, along with others, our agency branch the only alternative being a forty mile round trip in order to access my savings then told me that if I wanted a counter cheque in the future that there was a £10 charge.
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Agree, the Nationwide do appear to be getting too big for their boots.

And, one does not approve of the fact that they pay no interest on Flex Account savings!
        http://www.uk-finance-news.co.uk/nat...ex-accounts/88
        Last edited by Angry Cat; 23rd January 2011, 10:58:AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
          Seems they are getting a bit too big for their boots.
          They recently closed, along with others, our agency branch the only alternative being a forty mile round trip in order to access my savings then told me that if I wanted a counter cheque in the future that there was a £10 charge.
          Yes, looks like it's all going down hill at the nationwide!

Old news but relevant:
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ox/8612411.stm

Where I live the nationwide have an antiquated ATM which takes forever to process transactions, I have waited up to 15 minutes.

All very annoying...

Comment

I spoke to nationwide branch manager in cambridge andhe advised that as I have a flex account they are requiredunder the terms and conditions to honour all cheques written on the account. No mention of cancellled cheque books but this couls be the reason that they cancel books not used after a while.

Comment

AC, reason I mention email over recorded delivery is for obvious reasons, (a) speed of response, (b) there is a record of the communication and (c) cos it saves me the cost of recorded/special delivery and (d) so that some no one from their customer services answers it(usually you get a customer relations manager when you email them ).
              Each to their own I guess..
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

The Nationwide, will only honour ones cheques if, one has sufficient funds in the account to cover same. And/or, if one has a cheque guarantee card.

The above IMO is quite acceptable.

But, to dis-honour a valid cheque which was issued from a cheque book that was NOT lost or, stolen is not acceptable.!

Yes leclerc, I see your point
                However, I prefer recorded delivery or, at the least obtain a certificate of posting (which is free).

I don't like emails but if I do send them, I always send a hard copy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Galahad
                  I take it the bank didn't have the temerity to charge you for the cheque they cancelled did they?
                  No, and the returned cheque did not show up on my statement either:
                  debit, credit.

Still trying to get to the bottom of what actually occured?

Comment

AC, they cancelled the cheque so effectively the cheque being processed automatically and not by hand is scanned but is then rejected cos of a cancel marker on it. That's the basic process of a cheque with a stop on it.
                    It would not appear on the statement because it cannot debit an account with a stop marker on it.
                    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X