• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Replacing debit cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing debit cards

Hi guys!

Is it just me, or is "seven to ten working days" a bit longer than is strictly reasonable to wait for a replacement card when the original has been used fraudulently?

Personally, were I running a Customer Service organisation I would expect to be able to deliver something like this within 3 days - especially having visited one of the factories which make debit cards and seen them banging out thousands of cards per hour.

Background: Wife's card was fraudulently used, and the "Verified by Visa" password changed, by party or parties unknown. The "ten working days" they told us it would take to receive the replacement were up today... and no I have not counted bank holidays or weekends as working days. Their excuse when we called them was that "Oh, we've had Christmas and New Year so everything's been delayed"... but clearly that's nonsense as they said ten working days, and we've had them... bank holidays not being working days cannot have had any effect.

In the meantime, having had a Caesarian, Nic can't drive and therefore can't get to our local branch five miles away - especially while I'm working - and also can't pay the numerous things which are paid by card online. She also can't do the shopping until I'm home and that's taking its toll on me and my bank account!

Tom
    I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!
    Over £1200 claimed in several actions against several organisations.
    Tags: None

Re: Replacing debit cards

I jusr reordered one from my bank in order to guarantee a company that knew the details of it couldn't take money during a dispute. I waited the same length of time (and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but then you have to wait for your new PIN).

Comment

Amex couriered me a new card the same day, albeit a temporary one, but which could be used then and there. The replacement arrived a day or so later.

Change your card issuer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
        Amex couriered me a new card the same day, albeit a temporary one, but which could be used then and there. The replacement arrived a day or so later.

Change your card issuer.
        That's impressive. I had to withdraw a shed load of money, then cancel it and wait, and wait and wait......

Comment

Originally posted by StoneLaughter View Post
          Hi guys!

Is it just me, or is "seven to ten working days" a bit longer than is strictly reasonable to wait for a replacement card when the original has been used fraudulently?

Personally, were I running a Customer Service organisation I would expect to be able to deliver something like this within 3 days - especially having visited one of the factories which make debit cards and seen them banging out thousands of cards per hour.

Background: Wife's card was fraudulently used, and the "Verified by Visa" password changed, by party or parties unknown. The "ten working days" they told us it would take to receive the replacement were up today... and no I have not counted bank holidays or weekends as working days. Their excuse when we called them was that "Oh, we've had Christmas and New Year so everything's been delayed"... but clearly that's nonsense as they said ten working days, and we've had them... bank holidays not being working days cannot have had any effect.

In the meantime, having had a Caesarian, Nic can't drive and therefore can't get to our local branch five miles away - especially while I'm working - and also can't pay the numerous things which are paid by card online. She also can't do the shopping until I'm home and that's taking its toll on me and my bank account!
          It's the classic case of you state a timescale which is usually longer than when it will actually arrive. They say 7-10 working days and if it arrives in 5 days you think wow, fantastic service. However if they said 5 days and it arrived in 7 days, you'd think what a ****e service they provided.
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X