• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Success but how far to push it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Success but how far to push it?

Originally posted by s14lhp View Post
    before accepting, please ensure they agree to restore your credit file to its perfect state as this could affect any future borrowing.
    Thank you for your thoughfulness, I have included a condition on these lines as well.

Comment

Glad you found the spready OK., James - and yes, we agree on the maths !!! I may not have read the interest correctly, so I needed you to check that it was at the initial rate for the first two months only.

The 'capping' is indeed an argument in itself. The cumulative total of PPI and apportioned interest is used for the calculation of that apportioned interest each month. The interest is apportioned as a part of the total account balance. Eventually, this can equal or exceed the balance, in which case the apportionment is 100%. It is then 'capped' at that level, as we cannot claim more than 100% of the interest debited (not without a lot of argument, anyway). The cumulative total still rises, and we still claim all that back. It is just the interest added to it that is capped.

I do agree that there IS an argument for leaving this un-capped, in that the reason why the cumulative total exceeds the balance is because of payments made into the account. But the argument to support this can be difficult to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
        Glad you found the spready OK., James - and yes, we agree on the maths !!! I may not have read the interest correctly, so I needed you to check that it was at the initial rate for the first two months only.

The 'capping' is indeed an argument in itself. The cumulative total of PPI and apportioned interest is used for the calculation of that apportioned interest each month. The interest is apportioned as a part of the total account balance. Eventually, this can equal or exceed the balance, in which case the apportionment is 100%. It is then 'capped' at that level, as we cannot claim more than 100% of the interest debited (not without a lot of argument, anyway). The cumulative total still rises, and we still claim all that back. It is just the interest added to it that is capped.

I do agree that there IS an argument for leaving this un-capped, in that the reason why the cumulative total exceeds the balance is because of payments made into the account. But the argument to support this can be difficult to win.

Re interest rate, yes there was an increase after that date hence the rise in the maths. I agree with you about the capping, will argue that none of our money should have gone to pay any interest on un-authorised debits on the account and will see what happens. have a date with 'mediation' this month will report back, but basically glad that I didn't accept claimant's offer to cancel. I knew instinctively that not a good idea.........

time will tell on this will let you know what happensand will make sure that i have a current version of your spready to hand during discussions.... will help me un-nerve the enemy!

Regards

James

Comment

Well, don't know what to say, the opporsition who first made the offer to call it quits and when I didn't want to, went to mediation only offered exactly the same, i.e. call it quits, so i'm in the position of having nothing or possibly £400 so as it's mediation i offer to meet in the middle. they say nothing doing so we are off to court at some point in the future.

well strange, I thought mediation was the chance to save them money and compromise? apparently not!

So I need to know from anybody, what is the possible compensation I might expect, assuming the judge has just got off the clapham omnibus? is there a scale I have no idea can any one help?

regards

James

Comment

Originally posted by james robertson View Post
            Well, don't know what to say, the opporsition who first made the offer to call it quits and when I didn't want to, went to mediation only offered exactly the same, i.e. call it quits, so i'm in the position of having nothing or possibly £400 so as it's mediation i offer to meet in the middle. they say nothing doing so we are off to court at some point in the future.

well strange, I thought mediation was the chance to save them money and compromise? apparently not!

So I need to know from anybody, what is the possible compensation I might expect, assuming the judge has just got off the clapham omnibus? is there a scale I have no idea can any one help?

regards

James
            some one will be along shortly james,success in your claim or accepted offer whichever way you go.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X