• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Security issue Email

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security issue Email

Hi all,

For the very first time ever in my miserable live huh
    I've received an email from On-Line Security @ Abbey National PLC, from
    a man called Frederick A. Roberts, Head of Online Security Service ,
    Abbey National plc.

mmmmmmmmmmmm me thinks not.

They are wanting personal information including account No., log in details pin No. etc
    Thing is I don't even have an account with the scabby.

PLEASE REMEMBER, NOW MATTER HOW OFFICIAL AN EMAIL OR LETTER OR EVEN PHONE CALL, BANKS WILL NEVER ASK YOU FOR YOUR PIN NUMBER OR ACCOUNTS DETAILS THAT COULD BE USED FRAUDULENTLY.

Anyhoo, any one know where to report this type of email? can it be forwarded to Trading Standards? To the bank in question? If anyone has a link or addy, then please reply with one so we can do our bit.

I've even looked through the email source and header to find where it came from, mmmmmmmmmmmmm a UK company is listed.

Also, the Email contains a link to Abbey National Log In page, for you to input your details.
    NOT SURE IF I SHOULD PASTE THE LINK. LET ME KNOW IF I CAN, I'LL ADD IT.
    Looks legit.
    NOW CLICK ON THE LINKS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE - PEACE OF MIND GUARANTEE, LEGAL, SITE HELP ETC.

SEE WHAT I MEAN.

Thanks Peeps.

Re: Security issue Email

There's not really any point in posting it, as all these phishing emails originate from abroad (ususally africa or Russia) can you PM me the site address pls, and send it to pkea as well

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox View Post
      There's not really any point in posting it, as all these phishing emails originate from abroad (ususally africa or Russia) can you PM me the site address pls, and send it to pkea as well
      If you want to play with the email, find the url of the supposed site by right clicking the link and select copy shortcut, then go to http://www.phishfighting.com/ and paste the url in the box.

This site will then continuosly put false data onto the spoof site. This will then make it harder for the scammers to find actual real data that a victim has entered.

If you want any further info just give Paradox or me a shout

Comment

I got one the other day from Nationwide, sent it to their phishing email address as found on the proper site, I think I have had them from nearly every bank now, oh and Paypal too.

Wow, do I get a prize for having the full set?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X