• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

3 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Mobile

Some of you will know I had a dispute yesterday with 3 mobile with whom we have 5 contracts. Appalling customer service and a refusal to refund £100 (less than our monthly contract amount) resulted in my canceling all 5 contracts.

This morning I e-mailed a letter to the CEO stating what had happened. Within 5 minutes his office phoned and said they would respond within 5 days. I told them they had to respond today as we would be purchasing from Vodafone tomorrow so it was up to them how much they valued our business.

Just had a phone call from CEO himself apologising, writing off this months bills for all 5 contracts AND sending £200 compensation.

Nice result!
    Tags: None

Re: 3 Mobile

In case this of use to anyone else in a modified form. It worked for me.!!!!!!!!!!

Address
    16 November 2010
    Dear Mr Russell,

I realise you are very busy and would not normally get personally involved with customer issues, but I feel this to be exceptional.

My wife and I have five contracts with you, four for mobile phones and one for mobile broadband. We have been longstanding customers of 3 for many years, initially on PAYG, then on contracts.

Recently we took out a contract over the internet for an Apple iPhone 3gs 8GB telephone number 07411 xxxxxx. This was a birthday present for my daughter and did not arrive on the day promised. I actually e-mailed you at the time re Clint Lobo in your Bombay CS centre stating how good he had been.

The day after receiving the iPhone we went to your Bridgend store and asked for a cap to be placed on the 500 minutes. They have organised this with all our other phones. Unfortunately, and obviously through no fault of ours, this cap was not put in place and yesterday 3 tried to take £129.60 out of wife’s account rather than the contracted £30.00. There were insufficient funds in the account to cover the £129.60 so the direct debit has been returned to you unpaid (we have now cancelled it for reasons stated below).

I phoned 3 mobile and spent over three hours trying to resolve this issue amicably. I spoke to Rashmi Falle at 13.48; Roshin Vegas at 14.22; Manoj Kabam at 15.33; Tushar Chauhan at 16.05 and then two more people, one of whom was called Irfan at around 17.30. Not one of these customer service advisers would put me through to a senior member of staff and none of them could resolve the issue which to my mind is simple:

We took out a fifth contract for £30.00 per month. We asked for a cap to be placed on this. 3 tried to take £129.60 for calls made over the limit after failing to put the cap in place. We agreed to pay the £30 originally contracted, but not the remainder as 3 should have put the cap in place as requested.

All we were offered was £30 off the bill as a goodwill gesture, thus leaving us £70 out of pocket.
    After three very frustrating hours no movement had been made so I set in motion the 30 days notice for early cancellation of all five contracts, amounting to over £100 per month. All contracts have always been maintained faultlessly.

I believe my request was reasonable. Your CSA’s obviously did not. It is with great regret therefore that I have given notification for all five contracts to be canceled, and will be taking my custom elsewhere after many happy years with yourselves. I think this is disgusting, but it seems the only resolution.

I have placed all accounts in dispute and reminded Tushar Chauhan at 16.44 to ensure the call was indeed being recorded, and that as he agreed the accounts were in dispute any collection activities are illegal until the dispute is resolved. For your information here are the other numbers:
    07878 xxxxxx; 07578 xxxxxx; 07846 xxxxxx; 07403 xxxxxx.

I have canceled all direct debits so no money will be paid to 3 and I am happy to pursue this through the courts should a satisfactory resolution not be able to be reached.

I do hope you will take the time to contact us (landline xxxxxxxxxx) regarding this issue as it is with great regret that we seem to have been forced by your staff into making this decision.
    Should you resolve it today we will happily remain with yourselves as our supplier.

Yours sincerely,

Caspar

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X