• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Money Claiming Experts/Lifestyle Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Claiming Experts/Lifestyle Claims

Hi,

I had a 3 month battle recently with Money Claiming Experts to get our fee of £352.50 refunded when we decided not to use their services. (I posted here about it in October)

This morning I had a phone call from a familiar sounding woman with a welsh accent who said she was calling from 'Consortium' and then started telling me they were phoning people who had taken out loans or credit cards, at this point I said 'goodbye' and put the phone down. I am wondering if they have got ANOTHER new name and it was the same people (Money Claiming Experts/Lifestyle Claims), it sounded very similar to the previous cold call when we got taken in by them.

Has anyone else heard from 'Consortium' about PPI claims?
    Last edited by Tools; 14th December 2010, 23:32:PM.
    Tags: None

They don't appear to be linked to Cento/MCE, just yet another claims company. These are based in Birmingham. Glad tohear you hung up.

Glad you got your money back from MCE. Are you doing your own PPI claims now through the FOS ?

We were drawn in by their sales talk and it took us 3 months of fighting to get our £352.50 back and that was because we were lucky enough to get their pack back to them within the 14 day cooling-off period - most people are not able to do this as they delay sending it so that it is not possible to send back within 14 days of the call.

Read more at: Client Connection Ltd - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
    Last edited by Tools; 14th December 2010, 23:32:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

had a phone call about bank charges foolishly signed up £354 then i looked at my bank statements they have takern out another £700 phoning them todayto cancel they said a 1 off payment they didnt say per claim so im really hacked of in the terms you can cancel from the date on the form 14 days anyone else going through this :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
      Last edited by Tools; 14th December 2010, 23:33:PM.

Comment

It's very important that you cancel in writing - by recorded delivery - so they don't subsequently claim you didn't cancel.
        Last edited by Tools; 14th December 2010, 23:33:PM.

Comment

Re: Money Claiming Experts/Lifestyle Claims

Originally posted by bbod View Post
          Hi,

I had a 3 month battle recently with Money Claiming Experts to get our fee of £352.50 refunded when we decided not to use their services. (I posted here about it in October)

This morning I had a phone call from a familiar sounding woman with a welsh accent who said she was calling from 'Consortium' and then started telling me they were phoning people who had taken out loans or credit cards, at this point I said 'goodbye' and put the phone down. I am wondering if they have got ANOTHER new name and it was the same people (Money Claiming Experts/Lifestyle Claims), it sounded very similar to the previous cold call when we got taken in by them.

Has anyone else heard from 'Consortium' about PPI claims?
          yep they are i they phone me up MCE and befopre x-mas i had some guy saying that they lost my paper work they needed me to fill in new paper work forgot about that to day the new pack with the new name lifestyle claims on it come in the post. get this when the guy phone me up from MCE i told him i didnt have the £300 to pay he told me he would only take £50 out every 2 weeks then inside that month they took almost £300 out stay away from them, Lifestyle Claims, MCE and CCR are all name Client Connection trad under
          Last edited by Matty77; 3rd February 2011, 12:15:PM.

Comment

Hi all, I am new member. I too took up the offer, as it all sounded so good. Was told yesterday after 8 months that my claim has failed. I paid a fee of £299, and £352 to take the case further. Feel like such an fool.
            They said they will send me out a cheque and i have to sign to say the amount is correct then i will get my refund!!!!!!!
            Should i just right this money off??????

A very stressed single mum................

Comment

Originally posted by kerrypicklepot View Post
              Hi all, I am new member. I too took up the offer, as it all sounded so good. Was told yesterday after 8 months that my claim has failed. I paid a fee of £299, and £352 to take the case further. Feel like such an fool.
              They said they will send me out a cheque and i have to sign to say the amount is correct then i will get my refund!!!!!!!

speak to the other guys as leverage you couid threaten this company with adverse media attention,fos,or fsa non compliance some of the other guys might be able to advise you further

Comment

How much is the cheque you would be signing for and why would you write this off? It should be for £651 in total

If you paid by Credit card you may also be entitled to cash back but as this is over 6 months you may be out of time?

Once you have signed that document assuming it to be correct and if they do not respond in this time frame you then should send them a letter before action for the full amount?

Tuttsi

Originally posted by kerrypicklepot View Post

Comment

The cheques will be for £299, and £352. its not that i dont want my money back.. i do.
                  i was so gob samcked yesterday when i was told that Virgin have done no wrong after all this time.

I also paid it on the Virgin card as they told me that it would end up costing me nothing as i was using the card that was going to be cleared. The amount went on in July and i still have all the statements...

thank you for your help.

Comment

Hi guys,

I have finally sent off complaint letters to trading standards, Ministry of Justice (the worst department in the world to get hold of) and my solicitors. To be honest I am not holding my breath. Especially after reading all these posts!

I did notice that 'money claiming experts/lifestyle claims' website still show the 'Experian Credit Expert' logo at the bottom of the page.

Lifestyle Claims | Helping You Save Money

I rang up Experian and told them that this company has scammed me and countless others and how did they feel that their logo was being used on this horrific website?

When I initially looked up the website to 'money claiming experts' I thought they were affiliated/linked with Experian (along with this MOJ number which clearly is useless).

I felt Experian took my complaint seriously and they would look into this issue. I do not know if it will help, but could I suggest others who have been affected by 'MCE/LC'. to add their voice and contact Experian. Getting their logo removed from this scamming company is a step in the right direction!

Take care!

Comment

Duped you may want to look on this thread as well especially the 'UN NAMED LADY' posts yesterday who used to work for this outfit and has bought to light some interesting points about how they operate. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=22609

If what she says is true, then we will have to find a way of tackling this issue with the MOJ. As it stands at the moment it is useless putting complaints in when they have someone on the inside.

The MOJ should be bought to answer why they take a fees to authorise a CMC without any material background checks and in addition they take a percentage of their takings.

Please keep us updated on your own investigations.

Comment

Following my conversation today with the production company they have asked me to find someone who has used a Claims Management Company where they have been asked to pay upfront fees, then have been asked to pay further fees to continue with their claim which has then put them in a vunerable situation pushing them into a hardship situation. Can you please urgently PM me if this has happened to you and you would be prepared to take part.

Read more at: Help Required Urgently With Cmc's - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

I received a call completely out the blue on my mobile from Lifestyle Money a fortnight ago. At first, I challenged the fellow making the call as to where he got my number, as this is a business phone. He provided quite a plausible answer and continued with a very tempting speel of how I could reclaim at least £2500. He continued to ask me if I had ever had a credit card with ........? "yes" i replied, amazingly he stated, "they are one of the worst" he proceeded to ask if I had ever had a mortgage with .........? again I replied "yes" again amazingly when he had established the year, went on to tell me, at that time the mortgage provider employed students to load the details interest rates etc which in their experience had been loaded wrongly and there was a good chance I'd have a significant claim. At the time it all sounded good but in retrospect, pretty fishy. He took my details and asked if I wished to proceed. He passed me through to another person who he stated would check if he had conducted himself properly. The second person did not ask me anything with regard to the first persons conduct but proceeded to reiterate everything the first person had said and then "closed" the deal by asking for my credit card details. I did challenge him, stating, I did not know who they were and they had just called on spec. He assured me If I paid by credit card I had the security of the credit card terms, if all was not well. Stupidly, I agreed. Having now done an internet search of Lifestyle Money and finding this forum. I have sent them an e mail, telephoned and from advice on an earlier post have written to them, sent by registered mail, all within 14 days of payment. Only upon receipt of the registered letter advising of my cancellation, did they acknowledge my request. The acknowledgement came by way of a phone call, which went to my voicemail. I attempted to call them back on the missed call number 01792482444 which had a rather strange ringtone, it rang out and went to a standard computer style ansaphone with American accent. I hung up. The following day I received a further call by someone introducing themselves as the Team Leader, who deals with cancellations, during this call I was asked why I was being Awkard? Clearly, exercising my right to cancellation translates to "Awkard" for Lifestyle Money.
                          The person finally relented but told me it would take 60 days to refund my payment, as they have to claim it back from the company who collected it on their behalf, of course my case could be dealt with within this period, should I wish to continue. At this point my apparent "awkwardness" turned to rage, I told him, "as they had collected the money directly from me it should be them who refund it" "Nonsense" I was told. I advised them I would inform my credit card company and ended the call. I then received a voicemail message from the same person calling from a mobile number, stating he had spoken to his team leader and in my case the funds would be refunded within 30 days.

I cannot believe I have been so naive.

Comment

Hi Ranger

That is outrageous 60 days to return YOUR MONEY for a service which you do not require. This outside the standard terms I would guess. Can you look at their T&C's to see if that is stated in the contract. Did they give you ample time to review the T&C's before you paid the money. By the way how much did you pay?

Good idea is to still register your complaint with your credit card provider in case the money is not returned as they have suggested. I still think that 30 days is not on.

Please report back on your progress as we do monthly reporting to the MOJ and we will definately bring this to their attention if you do not receive your money back in a timely fashion.

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
                            I received a call completely out the blue on my mobile from Lifestyle Money a fortnight ago. At first, I challenged the fellow making the call as to where he got my number, as this is a business phone. He provided quite a plausible answer and continued with a very tempting speel of how I could reclaim at least £2500. He continued to ask me if I had ever had a credit card with ........? "yes" i replied, amazingly he stated, "they are one of the worst" he proceeded to ask if I had ever had a mortgage with .........? again I replied "yes" again amazingly when he had established the year, went on to tell me, at that time the mortgage provider employed students to load the details interest rates etc which in their experience had been loaded wrongly and there was a good chance I'd have a significant claim. At the time it all sounded good but in retrospect, pretty fishy. He took my details and asked if I wished to proceed. He passed me through to another person who he stated would check if he had conducted himself properly. The second person did not ask me anything with regard to the first persons conduct but proceeded to reiterate everything the first person had said and then "closed" the deal by asking for my credit card details. I did challenge him, stating, I did not know who they were and they had just called on spec. He assured me If I paid by credit card I had the security of the credit card terms, if all was not well. Stupidly, I agreed. Having now done an internet search of Lifestyle Money and finding this forum. I have sent them an e mail, telephoned and from advice on an earlier post have written to them, sent by registered mail, all within 14 days of payment. Only upon receipt of the registered letter advising of my cancellation, did they acknowledge my request. The acknowledgement came by way of a phone call, which went to my voicemail. I attempted to call them back on the missed call number 01792482444 which had a rather strange ringtone, it rang out and went to a standard computer style ansaphone with American accent. I hung up. The following day I received a further call by someone introducing themselves as the Team Leader, who deals with cancellations, during this call I was asked why I was being Awkard? Clearly, exercising my right to cancellation translates to "Awkard" for Lifestyle Money.
                            The person finally relented but told me it would take 60 days to refund my payment, as they have to claim it back from the company who collected it on their behalf, of course my case could be dealt with within this period, should I wish to continue. At this point my apparent "awkwardness" turned to rage, I told him, "as they had collected the money directly from me it should be them who refund it" "Nonsense" I was told. I advised them I would inform my credit card company and ended the call. I then received a voicemail message from the same person calling from a mobile number, stating he had spoken to his team leader and in my case the funds would be refunded within 30 days.

I cannot believe I have been so naive.

Comment

LIFE STYLE CLAIMS PRECONTRACTUAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...HPvojZnkqYgSpQ

LIFE STYLE CLAIMS DEFINITION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...KxANIxTA8_1oHg

OFT GUIDELINES FOR DISTANCE SELLING - INTERESTING THEY HAVE TO REFUND WITHIN 30 DAYS OR THEY ARE BREAKING THE RULES.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/bus...ral/oft913.pdf
                              Last edited by TUTTSI; 12th December 2011, 13:37:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X