• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

jax007 v Citicard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jax007 v Citicard

Right then Jax, i've had a look at the letters, which basically don't say a fat lot, do they. I've also had a look at your spreadsheet and the figures on it, and this is how i see it.

There's 59 charges altogether, of those, 26 are at £12; 36 @ £25, and 3 @ £20.

Given that (IMO) there is no way on this earth that Citi will refund the £12 charges, if it were me I would forget them. So with that in mind, it's also more than very unlikely that they will refund the other charges in full, the best you could hope for would be for them to refund down to the £12. (i.e the difference between £25/£12, or £20/£12) If you look at it like that, it makes the totals very different, as below.

Refundable Total
    3 x £20 charges 3 x £8 24.00
    30 x £25 charges 30 x £13 325.00
    Total refundable £349.00

sorry, but it won't tab right, which is why it's out of line!

Soooo, if you look at the above, and knowing Citi play hardball, and actually do turn up to court, I reckon given their track record the above is what you would expect them to refund. So, if it were me, having had an offer of £800, I think I would rip their hands off.
    Is no longer here

Comment

OK Wends thanks for taking the time to go through it.

However, do you think there would be any mileage in going down the Ombudsman route or not???

Comment

I really couldn't say Jax. There is the danger that if you go to Ombudsman, Citi will point out the fact that they've won in court before etc, so that could weaken your case and you could end up with less.

You could look at it another way, total of the non 12 charges us 810, they're offering 800, so they are paying all charges that were over 12 in full.

Might be worth another letter to them I suppose, depends how long you want to drag it out for.
        Is no longer here

Comment

Thanx Wends I'll chew over what you've said and make a decision!!

xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X