• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with court summons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with court summons

hi i am new to the forum,I have recieved a county court summons from Link financial.I have never aknoledged any debt with these or had any dealing with and basically ignored them. The original debt was with mbna who sold it to link.
    The original amount was 10k now they have added interest its growing.The original agrement from mbna dates from 2005.I was in dispute with mbna arguing the charges and interest, and there refusal to negotiate a reduced payment plan from national debtline.I also sent a request for my aggreement and other documents to mbna before it was transferred to link.I do not have a copy of my aggreement or any documentation from mbna or link. What should I do now I have read other threads and it appears you send an acknolegement of service,a cpr to link and a sar to mbna. Any help much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Help with court summons

Hiya, Welcome to the forum xx

Could you type up the particulars of claim on the claim form from the court, and also the date pls.

Have you be making the reduced payments regardless of their refusal to negotiate.

Are Link acting for MBNA or on their own behalf having the debt assigned to them ?

Best way to handle it is to send a request for an extension to Link and a CPR 31.14 or Part 18 request for the information needed (depends on what the POC states) give them time to obtain the documents and send them to you, and gives you extra time to get a defence/admission sorted and in to the court. Lets see the POC first of all.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply I may have jepordized ever thing now as I have already sent acknowlement of service.
      The particulars are opened effective 13/8/2005.default recorded 1/3/2008.deed ofassignment18/4/2008
      The issue date is 1/10/2010
      I havn,t made any payments to link.

Comment

Sending the acknowledgement of service is absolutly the right thing to do. Although if claim was issued 1st OCtober it would give you till 5th November max to get defence in (its 28 days from service - so issue + five days + 28 days) so you should check if you are still in time to get defence in.

Or did you put your acknowledgement in with an admission and offer to pay or defence ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi date was 1st of Novembe not October losing the plot at the time.
          have requested a CPR request to link and not submitted a defense as yet. I have had problems with computer so only working of phone.Any advice very much appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X