• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Reference Agencies - Free Report Access

Collapse
Important !
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Reference Agencies - Free Report Access

There are three main Credit Reference Agencies

Experian Ltd
    You can access your Experian Score for free. It is updated monthly.

You can access your full Experian credit file updated monthly for free via MSE CREDIT CLUB ( https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub )

Equifax Plc

(you can order your credit file on the internet)
    You can access your Equifax credit file updated monthly for free via CLEARSCORE ( https://www.clearscore.com/ )

CallCredit / TransUnion

You can access your TransUnion credit file updated weekly for free via NODDLE ( https://www.noddle.co.uk/ ) - NOW called " Credit Karma" https://www.creditkarma.com/ "
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Credit Reference Agencies

Worth bearing in mind that if you order your credit file to be sent through the post, it will cost you £2, if you access it on the internet, there will be a much higher or a monthly subscription charge.

Experian do a 1 month free trial for their credit report at www.creditexpert.co.uk or you can get a multi agency report at www.checkmyfile.com but again, you have to pay for this service.

Comment

Originally posted by iancognito View Post
      Worth bearing in mind that if you order your credit file to be sent through the post, it will cost you £2, if you access it on the internet, there will be a much higher or a monthly subscription charge.

Experian do a 1 month free trial for their credit report at www.creditexpert.co.uk or you can get a multi agency report at www.checkmyfile.com but again, you have to pay for this service.

....and can I just add, that if you go for the 1 month free subscription for your credit report at Free Credit Report, Credit Rating Check & Fraud Alerts from Experian Credit Expert
      please make sure you make a MENTAL NOTE, PHYSICAL NOTE, IN FACT ANY KIND OF NOTE, TO REMIND YOU TO CANCEL BEFORE THE MONTH IS UP.
      You will need to ring their free phone number to cancel. Have your reference number to hand.

It you forget to cancel, it becomes a very expensive way to obtain your report.

One other point, if you do forget to cancel and pay the £5.99 per month subscription. When you finally do cancel, please be aware, that if you log back in again within 12 months of canceling, your subscription will re-activate and you will again be charged £5.99 per month.

:okay:
      Last edited by Tools; 9th November 2009, 23:52:PM. Reason: broken link

Comment

wouldn't a sar contain your credit score and all entries on your credit file for just £10 ?
        Bought some tablets today to build my strength up .. cant get the bloody lid off.

Comment

No a SAR would not give your credit score. Each CRA has their own way of calculating a credit score. It depends which company has registered with which credit agency and they can be registered with more than one. My credit score with Experian is quite different than with Equifax. If what I have said is as clear as mud, well I think the way CRA's calculate a credit score is just as clear....

Comment

I personally believe that CRA agencies are as bent as the rest of them, IMO they set your credit score based on what they hold, some of years old!!! even if you wanted or applied for something from years back it will show you made some application or another and yet they are only supposed to hold information for 6 years and then delete it of..They dont update the records or removed something that is from way back!! WHY??? Cos they need you have as low as possible a score you cant qualify for the cheap credit cos they more than likely get some kick back or other from the finance industries to make things as near as damned hard as possible for the lower paid or less advantaged because they dont want you to succeed or get ideas above your station..Remember the well off get where they do taking shirts off your back and coming back for your eye balls....if they give you something on the cheap they dont make any money means they cant continue their luxury lifestyles they have become accustomed too!!! Governments wont act on these unscrupulous practices because they get kick backs in the way of taxes and investments ( more money for them claim on their expenses claims for their back pockets) we the poor will always be poor and will always be bound and gagged and made to subsidise the rich for their greed!!!!

Comment

Oh Ladidi you are more cynical than me - and that's saying something!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X