• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to stop Debt Collection Phone Calls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to stop Debt Collection Phone Calls

Originally posted by Leeloo View Post
    I used this site today, after constant phone calls from 08000287281.
    The complaints were endless :tinysmile_aha_t:

Related to HSBC

Comment

Iqor keep phoning me. My debt counsellors say they refuse to speak to them. I have serious cancer and though the debt agency has written to them about this they continue to phone me every day. I read that they come to people's homes and harass them. When will this new government do something to rein in debt agencies instead of banging on all the time about people on benefit?

Comment

glumbabe i would get your medical team or care team to do you a letter to send to the original creditor also start your own thread and ill be back this evening with further help for you as you should not be being harrassed by these lowlifes in your condition

PF
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paule View Post
          Taken from http://www.debtquestions.co.uk/debt_...pic.php?t=4556

5. If you feel the need to give a phone number on a website then give a PAYG mobile or the OLD number you had - this will be idle for a year anyway.
          I wonder if anyone has yet been able to speak with Hugh Janus on 0161 872 5050. :rofl:

Comment

I have not spoken to Hugh Janus, however what i would like to add is...

If you have ever experienced the harassment of a persistent debt collector you know that the ability to put an end to the hassle is a welcome opportunity.

You can bring a suit against debt collection agencies because of the tactics that they use.

Deceptive tactics are common among debt collectors including disguising their identities and trying to get to you through your family and friends, and even your job.

All of these methods can result in prosecution of the debt collection agency.

How can you go about collecting the information that you need so that if you do choose to file suit against the debt collection agency in the future you can win your case? Learn about this in the ebook
            "Helping people become debt free by giving your time for free on web forums out of the goodness of my own heart".

I hope this help!
            Last edited by Celestine; 3rd December 2011, 22:47:PM. Reason: NO PLUGGING perleeese

Comment

Yes, Hugh is usually tied up in meetings passing various motions - he is very busy. Thanks for the above advice though. I suspect the following will be of more use than free advertising for an e-book though.

The new OFT664 Guidance says creditors must respect creditors requests as to where and how they should be contacted. This could be a very useful little bit of guidance to throw at them, as while it is only guidance, it does hold a fair bit of punch as no company likes being reported to the OFT.
              Last edited by labman; 3rd December 2011, 21:36:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesTaylor View Post
                I have not spoken to Hugh Janus, however what i would like to add is...

If you have ever experienced the harassment of a persistent debt collector you know that the ability to put an end to the hassle is a welcome opportunity.

You can bring a suit against debt collection agencies because of the tactics that they use.

Deceptive tactics are common among debt collectors including disguising their identities and trying to get to you through your family and friends, and even your job.

All of these methods can result in prosecution of the debt collection agency.

How can you go about collecting the information that you need so that if you do choose to file suit against the debt collection agency in the future you can win your case? Learn about this in the ebook "XXXXXXX".

I hope this help!
                & you give this info out of the goodness of your heart?

Or maybe not......

DebtSecret Affiliate program – Make money by selling top secrets on debt issues…
                http://www.secretofdebt.com/Affiliate.html
                Last edited by Celestine; 3rd December 2011, 22:48:PM. Reason: removed book plug
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Charlie

If you really want to help people be debt free, pull up a chair and help out.

If you're just here to plug your debt affiliate programme and book, the Beagle will see you out. :beagle:
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Why would someone pay out for an ebook when they can get the same advice for free on here ? Sounds to me like you're making money out of other peoples misery and desperation.

Comment

I bought an e-book on-line last week which looked really good - it was cr..... not good!

I alo no someone else who bought another e-book / pack recently that appeared good for a not insignificant amount of money, and that too was not worth it.

I now take the view, if it appears in print as well, have a look at the printed version and then buy the cheapest. If it only appears as an e-book it's probably cos they couldn't get it published or knew it would stand no chance of being published.

Comment

I know I'm a cynic, but it does rather look like a new version of a classic scam.

The scamster publishes an advert, declaring that he has found the secret to making money with little/no effort - all will be revealed for the sum of £25.

On paying one's money, what the victim receives is, essentially, a message telling them to publish an advert in which one declares that one has the secret to making money with little/no effort....

Comment

I have discovered that the vast majority of DCAs make no effort whatsoever to check the bona fides of any alleged debt passed to them for collection. When dealing with DCAs on behalf of other people, I usually ask the DCA's employees this and, after some judiciously-applied pressure, get an admission that no checks are made.

Also, a lot of DCA employees are unaware that making dodgy claims about alleged debts and making unwarranted demands with menaces are both criminal offences and that they can be prosecuted as accessories to the offending of their employers and management.

The DCA with the most arrogant - and ignorant - managers I have dealt with is Moorcroft.
                          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                            I have discovered that the vast majority of DCAs make no effort whatsoever to check the bona fides of any alleged debt passed to them for collection. When dealing with DCAs on behalf of other people, I usually ask the DCA's employees this and, after some judiciously-applied pressure, get an admission that no checks are made.

Also, a lot of DCA employees are unaware that making dodgy claims about alleged debts and making unwarranted demands with menaces are both criminal offences and that they can be prosecuted as accessories to the offending of their employers and management.
                            When was a DCA last prosecuted?

The DCA with the most arrogant - and ignorant - managers I have dealt with is Moorcroft.
                            Not Scotcall, then?

Comment

simple...when they phone ask them if they have a family...if yes then state that you hope they all get bowel cancer)) that will get the message across TRUST!

as thats all they are worth the sad *******s

xx

Comment

I did this three years ago on the advice of my local council debt adviser, the relief you get knowing you will have no more threatening calls from debt collectors or credit card companies is indiscribable.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X