• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cremation plaques

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cremation plaques

We ordered a Cremation Plaque for dad, and ordered this through the funeral directors who dealt with my dad's funeral in July, they are relations of ours through marriage and have been wonderful throughout.
    I know these plaques can still work out to be expensive, not as expensive as Gravestones I don't think, but there is a surcharge as well.

The one we ordered was almost £800, its black/granite, with the gold engravings, and 2 flower pots enclosed, however even these can go into the £1,000's and there are various styles, shapes of bibles, lovehearts and so on.

We did have a few prices before going back to the funeral directors and they were the most reasonable ones we found.

Some examples from a website below, for anyone who have lost loved ones, to give an idea....

http://www.pickards-memorials.com/cr...aques-vases/#4

This is not where we purchased my dad's but all are of similar styles.
    Tags: None

Re: Cremation plaques

The prices sound extortionate to me. I worked for 14 yrs as a Funeral Director and depending on the size £3 - 400 is a more realistic price. Most of these items are brought in from China and India and the only additional expenditure is the cost of lettering

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
      The prices sound extortionate to me. I worked for 14 yrs as a Funeral Director and depending on the size £3 - 400 is a more realistic price. Most of these items are brought in from China and India and the only additional expenditure is the cost of lettering

Hiya
      There was a few at around that price, but we did have a few extra's on top, this is with also laying it down as well, I did say £800, but talking to my sister today it was just over £600 not that of £800, that was my mistake.
      And of course wording as well, adds up, with a big family we did want quite a bit of wording and a bird logo as well.

Comment

Thats ok but even 600 quid seems a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
          Thats ok but even 600 quid seems a lot of money.

I don't have the details with me they are at mum's, but i know the wording was quite a bit.
          I recall of some of even going into the £1,000's in the catalogue booklet even though they go into all shapes etc, it soon adds up doesn't it?

The £800 I mentioned was a quote from one, that's when we ended up going for the one approx £600.

Comment

My mums little stone was over £600 and as it's on a cremation plot that holds at least 4 then the stone should have been big enough to have enough space for wording for 4 but no way will it, we be lucky to get another one on it. The prices are way over the top IMO but when it's such a deilcate thing to deal with you don't even think about bargain hunting. We have only just managed to get the stone sorted as the flower on it was white and looked awful against gold wording, anyway it doesn't look too bad now as I put my mums own silk flowers on it too.
            Just have to mention too that as the price of metal is shooting up so has the theft of it and lots of peoples little plates on the garden of rememberance have been stolen, by the lowest of the low.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
              My mums little stone was over £600 and as it's on a cremation plot that holds at least 4 then the stone should have been big enough to have enough space for wording for 4 but no way will it, we be lucky to get another one on it. The prices are way over the top IMO but when it's such a deilcate thing to deal with you don't even think about bargain hunting. We have only just managed to get the stone sorted as the flower on it was white and looked awful against gold wording, anyway it doesn't look too bad now as I put my mums own silk flowers on it too.
              Just have to mention too that as the price of metal is shooting up so has the theft of it and lots of peoples little plates on the garden of rememberance have been stolen, by the lowest of the low.

Hiya

Glad you have this sorted.
              My dad did have 2 of those memory vases to go on with so that the family could add flowers until the stone was sorted, and your right it can be hard to think straight through a bereavement.
              It was my brother who got he first quote of over approx £800 then we went back to the funeral directors which were £200 cheaper and of course even though the plot was already there, they then charge to fit the plaque, it does all add up.
              Theft in a memorial garden, that is so bad, my friend buried her 5 year old over a year ago and the things that have got stolen......sick!
              It is the lowest of the low.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X