• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mobile Phone Repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Phone Repair

Advice please.

My son left his iphone into a shop for a replacement screen. The shop replaced the screen and charged him £125.

HOWEVER the phone now does not receive a signal and has been back 5 times to the shop. They refuse to refund him his money and he is now left with an expensive lump of plastic.

I reckon the shop should give him a full refund or else make sure the phone works. The phone was working before he left it into the shop. They have offered him £75 of a refund but he wants the whole amount. He did mention he would contact CAB and they laughed (I wonder why)

Any advice
    Tags: None

Re: Mobile Phone Repair

Hi, just wondered why the screen needed replacing?

Comment

It was scraped I think and made it hard to read

Comment

I was just asking if by chance it was faulty when purchased.
        I am not a techi person at all so have no idea what happens inside these phones.
        Is it possible to get an independant check on the phone, I have had a bit of a read and they do sometimes have this problem when they have been opened and something goes amiss on the motherboard.
        If this is the case then you will have a better argument with the shop as it must have been broken under their repair. Your son would hardly take a broken phone into a shop and spend £125 for a new screen on a broken one would he.

Comment

iphone screen is breakable,i think you should cover a phone case on it.and what's more,the customer service of apple company should be developed!
          Last edited by Amethyst; 24th January 2014, 10:40:AM.

Comment

Thanks alexadam but if you look at the original post its 4yrs ago. Son has had many phones since then

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X