• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Spring 2011 Meet London 2nd April

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spring 2011 Meet London 2nd April

..and finally....names no longer neccessary...

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
      Well I have to tell you, you all made a great impression with Les and he has said that he would like to attend the next meet, he says he thoroughly enjoyed chatting to you all.
      Thanks for chatting football and any other sport guys rofl.
      I liked the bit when we asked if he had been on these meets before-and you said once when you was in CAG and he said in true cockney accent

"Yes--but them lot were ******* idiots----you lot are normal!"

Comment

Thanks Turbs for posting up all the pictures, it now saves me (my daughter) from doing so lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
          Thanks Turbs for posting up all the pictures, it now saves me (my daughter) from doing so lol.

Post em up---yours might be better

Comment

Well ----a very enjoyable break for me & Mo (Mrs Turbo) - like Enaid --- this was like a mini-holiday for us also.

What a truly enjoyable experience it was --- everybody is so so nice -- was apprehensive about meeting you all in one big go as I had never met any of you before -- but we met you all in staggered sessions, so very very easy going.

First session we met Tuttsi, Enaid & and Jax in the Punch Pub in Covent Garden where we had a couple of "scoops" and adjusted to Southern accents and Lancashire & Yorkshire "twang".

Then we met Mr Tuttsi and the 6 of us had a meal in Leicester Square. Then on to the theatre where we met Exc & watched "Les Miserables" - thanks Exc for the treat.

Exc & Enaid went out on a date ( in a taxi or a rickshaw) & Me & Mo,Mr & Mrs Tuttsi & Jax went by tube to Tuttsi's car & then to my hotel where we had coffee & chatted for a couple of hours till 12:30.

Saturday, Tuttsi picked us up & Jax, and we went to Lord of the Mall where Enaid was already there --later Amethyst & Tools came back & Exc & Sapphy arrived later.

Charity joined us and then to Housesof Parliament -Thanks LB for the treat---- (Bill delayed with train signalling so missed the HoP tour)

Back to Lord Of the Mall for a hell of a lot of "scoops" & Mr Sapphy joined us and immediately accelerated the pace!!!

- (think till about 12:00-ish) then me & Mo & Jax by tube home (Jax & Mo drinking wine for England but they could still hold me up--lol) -- Tuttsi having to go early. Must have been a late do cos Jax texted us at 2:00 complaining the Chinese was closed!!-lol

Sunday, spent in the fabulous Camden Locks with our youngest son (he came to the pub for half an hour and told him I'd got Jax & Tuttsi checking on him now-lol-they live 4 miles from him)

Enaid,Amethyst, Tools & Bill in Science Museum on Sunday for a bit of culture--but when I phoned Bill to tell him there were erotic pole dancers up in the roof areas in Camden Locks- he nearly had a relapse-lol..
            __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
            Enaid -- really nice to meet you and hear a fellow Northern Accent all weekend (although different twang) --- you're a real character

Charity --- nice to meet you---I look forward to the repartee to come--lol

Exc -- thanks for Les Mis & great to put a face to" Bankwhacker" at last

Jax -- What a really nice person you are --- Mo& Me will keep in touch

Amethyst & Tools - I knew Ame fairly well before as she also mothers me a bit and watches my back ( as does Bill-K)---Tools-a fellow beer drinker--and both of you so nice---and obviously very much in love.

On 27/2/2007, on his expulsion from CAG, Bill-K appeared at my "then home site" of Penalty Charges Forum with his entourage --356 posts on his welcome thread, and nearly got banned for talking about CI on Stephen's site. Tanz introduced us cos of our common interest in "sums & things" and me & Bill since then have worked together for over 4 years across several sites---often engaging in a bit of banter within a thread. However, despite the fact we insult each other publically, we are friends both on forum, and also privately off forum.---so we got the call he was outside HoP and it was quite emotional for us to meet at last-----there you go---Grumpy Old Sod!---you're a brick!!

Well, I got on straightaway with Mr Tuttsi and then later on, similarly with Mr Sapphy -- everybody is so nice and normal. Well, that was good , cos it means I can keep chatting-up Tuttsi & Sapphy-pmsl---Thanks for running us about Tutts.

Tuttsi & Sapphire --- you were both just like I imagined -- you both mothered me last year with my NHS troubles and we knew each other very well beforehand anyway --- but so so nice to meet you both in person---you are both truly good friends.----and as you both know-----I love you both to bits!!!!
            Thanks LB

Turbo
            Last edited by Turboman; 7th April 2011, 09:03:AM.

Comment

Awww..!! Turbs.. I've got tears in my eyes now reading that.. How lovely..!!

I'm really pleased you all had such a fantastic time.. I'm just soo sad that I couldn't make it.. Maybe next time eh.?

Great pics with some memories to treasure forever..

Luvs ya all..Xx

Maxie.xxx

Comment

I finally found the photos, but for some reason the email I got with them in ended up in my Spam folder - so if anyone else missed theirs, then that's where they might be. Anywayz, I have no objection to any of them. I'm afraid I left it to those with decent cameras to take pics, so I've none myself. Don't like wasting good drinking time, anyway.

LOL - I had a laugh by suddenly yelling abuse from out of the crowd at Turbo, in my bestest London geezer accent, and watching the horror on the faces of the other guys as he lunged towards me. This turned to total bemusement, as we lashed out at each other before engaging a big sloppy 'male bonding' style hug. The verbal abuse then continued throughout the evening, of course.

Missed you, too, Maxie - especially as you really were hoping to make it originally. Yep - there's always a next time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                  Tanz introduced us cos of our common interest in "sums & things" and me & Bill since then have worked together for over 4 years across several sites---often engaging in a bit of banter within a thread. However, despite the fact we insult each other publically, we are friends both on forum, and also privately off forum.---so we got the call he was outside HoP and it was quite emotional for us to meet at last-----there you go---Grumpy Old Sod!---you're a brick!!
                  I cant be blamed for this lol

Glad you all had a good weekend. Great to see some photos of you all. :beagle:Keep on sniffing out the banks and financial institutions et al

Comment

Been having a nose at the pics and they're all lovely.

Looks like everyone had a fab time.

I must try to make an effort to meet you all at some point, would love to.

Comment

Di,
                      Our next meet is in the Spring is to York, Turbs is organising it so he will be posting up shortly all the information.

We would love to meet you hun. I know it is a long way but if you can get to London you are welcome to travel up to York by car with us.

We already have a few people who have said they want to come.

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      Been having a nose at the pics and they're all lovely.

Looks like everyone had a fab time.

I must try to make an effort to meet you all at some point, would love to.

Comment

York is quite easy for me.

Comment

Will you come Springer?

Originally posted by SpringerSpaniel View Post
                          York is quite easy for me.

Comment

It depends on the date. It needs not to clash with the London Lesbian and Gay Film Festival, which is a big feature of my social calendar !

Comment

Can't find date in Google-is it published yet Springer

btw-you in Scotland near Bill & Shell?

Turbs

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X