• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

T-Mobile Overcharging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Mobile Overcharging

On my online bank statement, I recently spotted a T-Mobile bill for £64 odd pounds. This is unusual since I have been with them for over ten years (back when they were called Mercury One to One and known as "One to None") and have built up sufficient discounts on their various and constantly changing tariffs to have a service at less than £30 per month.

I queried this bill and was told that I had gone over my allowance by around 100 minutes and was consequently charged 30p a minute. They offer a plan for £30 per month, which offers 10,000 minutes. Thus, they charged me for 100 minutes, the same sum they offer 10,000 minutes for, which I found unacceptable.

Being out of contract, I had a bargaining chip, which I used to obtain an iPhone 4 and new contract, recommended to me by them, based on my usage over the past six months or so. This included unlimited calls to UK landlines and other allowances for calls to mobiles, text messaging and internet.

Imagine my surprise therefore, when I spot that my most recent bill was over £205. This is paid by DD and since I rarely bother opening what they send me, I had no idea, but trusted them to have offered me the correct advice.

I have now had enough. Having taken their recommendation in good faith, I end up being charged over seven times more than I used to pay for a telephone service.

Watch this space.
    Tags: None

Re: T-Mobile Overcharging

Go online and have a look how they manage to come to this ridiculous figure. Let us know!

Comment

I refuse to join "My T-Mobile" because I pay them to generate and send me bills and I fail to see why I should seek out my own bills.

I was told that it was something to do with 8 days of pro-rata billing due to the change in contract, although to be perfectly honest, I could barely understand the inflected, heavily accented "English" I was subjected to.

I would like to point out that I am not intolerant, prejudiced or racist. I speak several languages, have travelled extensively and have lived and worked for many years in a number of different countries. For this reason I feel very strongly that anyone who works in a call centre should speak the native language of their primary customer base clearly and intelligibly, in the same way as I think that only people who can dance should be hired as members of a professional dance troupe. I do not believe people who cannot speak the language clearly should be hired as telephone based customer support agents.

They are going to call me again tomorrow, although twice I informed the agent that I would not be able to speak with them in the morning, since I will be in an area with no T-Mobile coverage, yet still she insisted that she would have her manager call me in the morning.

There is no hint of any German efficiency at T-Mobile and now they have joined with the French, who knows what we can expect.

Comment

Forgive the light hearted thread - just noticed the pun in the title "T Mobile Overcharging!"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X