• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Employment Act / Regulations / Statutes

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Act / Regulations / Statutes

Employment Relations Act 2004 (c. 24)
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Employment Act 2002 (c. 22)

Employment Act 2002 (c. 22)
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Employment Rights Act 1996

Employment Rights Act 1996 (c. 18)

Thank You thephoenix:okay:

Comment

Employment Act 2008 & ACAS Code of Practice

not sure why this isnt up here yet ... so here it is

Just to be clear the 2008 Act repeals the statutory disciplinary procedures and refers instead to the ACAS code of practice.

Employment Act 2008 (c. 24)

Acas - Code of Practice 1 - Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures

The ACAS guidance has also been upated, but this IS just guidance.
        http://www.acas.org.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=1043
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

2013 Changes - The Enterprise & Regulatory Reform Bill - ET process changes.

Hello,

I thought this might be a useful sticky.

This is a guide published recently by the Institute of Employment Rights detailing the changes being brought in by The Enterprise & Regulatory Reform Act.

Useful for understanding changes to the tribunal process.

Cheers
          Attached Files

Comment

The Employment Tribunals (Constitution and Rules of Procedure) Regulations 2013

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/1237/made
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Employment Act / Regulations / Statutes

Employment

For help, advice and support on any issues surrounding employment please visit our Employment Law & Issues forum.

Early conciliation to come into forceFrom April 2014 before lodging a claim to the Tribunal all claimants will need to notify Acas first, where conciliation will be offered. If conciliation is unsuccessful within the set period the claimant can proceed to lodge a tribunal claim. 6 April 2014
              Power of Employment Tribunal to impose Financial Penalties on employersThe Employment Tribunal will have the power to order an employer who has lost a case to pay a financial penalty to the Secretary of State of between £100 and £5,000. The penalty will be imposed where the employer has breached any of the workers rights and the breach has one or more aggravating features. April 2014
              Statutory maternity, paternity and adoption pay increaseThe rate of statutory maternity, paternity and adoption rate will increase to £138.18. 6 April 2014
              Statutory Weeks Redundancy payThe rate will increase to £464 6 April 2014
              Changes to Tax and thresholds comes into forceAn increase in the income tax personal allowance to £10,000 6 April 2014
              Flexible workingThe Government proposes to extend The right to request flexible working to all employees and remove the current statutory procedure for considering requests. Instead employers will have a duty to consider all requests in a reasonable manner; employers will have the right to refuse requests on business grounds. Spring 2014
              Managing sickness absenceA health and work assessment and advisory service is to be introduced, offering fee occupational health assistance for employees, employers and GPs. The service can provide an occupational health assessment after four weeks of sickness absence. Further information is available from GOV.UK – Government response to the review of the sickness absence system in Great Britain. Spring 2014 (to be confirmed)
              Flexible parental leaveUnder this new system parents will be able to choose how they share the care of their child during the first year after birth. Mothers will still take at least the initial two week following the birth, following that they can choose to end the maternity leave and the parents can opt to share the remaining leave as flexible parental leave. Also under this new shared parental leave it is proposed to allow the husband, civil partner or partner of the pregnant women the right to unpaid time off to attend up to 2 ante-natal appointments. 2015
              Parental leave extended to 18The right to unpaid Parental Leave will be extended to parents of any child under the age of 18 years. 2015
              Surrogate parents eligible for adoption leaveProvided they meet the eligibility criteria parents who have a child through surrogacy will be permitted to take ordinary paternity leave and pay, adoption leave and pay and shared parental leave and pay. Both parents will also be entitled to take unpaid time off to attend two antenatal appointments with the woman carrying the child. 2015
              School leaving age to rise to 18 2015
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X