Thread: Employment Act / Regulations / Statutes

• Display

Site Admin

Mentions
    57 Post(s)

Default Employment Act / Regulations / Statutes

Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Site Admin

Mentions
    57 Post(s)

Default Employment Act 2002 (c. 22)

Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Site Admin

Mentions
    57 Post(s)

Default Employment Rights Act 1996

Employment Rights Act 1996 (c. 18)

Thank You thephoenix:okay:

Site Owner

Mentions
    1689 Post(s)

Default Employment Act 2008 & ACAS Code of Practice

not sure why this isnt up here yet ... so here it is

Just to be clear the 2008 Act repeals the statutory disciplinary procedures and refers instead to the ACAS code of practice.

Employment Act 2008 (c. 24)

Acas - Code of Practice 1 - Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures

The ACAS guidance has also been upated, but this IS just guidance.
    http://www.acas.org.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=1043
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Default 2013 Changes - The Enterprise & Regulatory Reform Bill - ET process changes.

Hello,

I thought this might be a useful sticky.

This is a guide published recently by the Institute of Employment Rights detailing the changes being brought in by The Enterprise & Regulatory Reform Act.

Useful for understanding changes to the tribunal process.

Cheers

VIP Member

Mentions
    507 Post(s)

Default The Employment Tribunals (Constitution and Rules of Procedure) Regulations 2013

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "
    Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Site Owner

Mentions
    1689 Post(s)

Default Re: Employment Act / Regulations / Statutes

Employment

For help, advice and support on any issues surrounding employment please visit our Employment Law & Issues forum.

Proposed changes to employment law Launch date
    Early conciliation to come into forceFrom April 2014 before lodging a claim to the Tribunal all claimants will need to notify Acas first, where conciliation will be offered. If conciliation is unsuccessful within the set period the claimant can proceed to lodge a tribunal claim. 6 April 2014
    Power of Employment Tribunal to impose Financial Penalties on employersThe Employment Tribunal will have the power to order an employer who has lost a case to pay a financial penalty to the Secretary of State of between £100 and £5,000. The penalty will be imposed where the employer has breached any of the workers rights and the breach has one or more aggravating features. April 2014
    Statutory maternity, paternity and adoption pay increaseThe rate of statutory maternity, paternity and adoption rate will increase to £138.18. 6 April 2014
    Statutory Weeks Redundancy payThe rate will increase to £464 6 April 2014
    Changes to Tax and thresholds comes into forceAn increase in the income tax personal allowance to £10,000 6 April 2014
    Flexible workingThe Government proposes to extend The right to request flexible working to all employees and remove the current statutory procedure for considering requests. Instead employers will have a duty to consider all requests in a reasonable manner; employers will have the right to refuse requests on business grounds. Spring 2014
    Managing sickness absenceA health and work assessment and advisory service is to be introduced, offering fee occupational health assistance for employees, employers and GPs. The service can provide an occupational health assessment after four weeks of sickness absence. Further information is available from GOV.UK – Government response to the review of the sickness absence system in Great Britain. Spring 2014 (to be confirmed)
    Flexible parental leaveUnder this new system parents will be able to choose how they share the care of their child during the first year after birth. Mothers will still take at least the initial two week following the birth, following that they can choose to end the maternity leave and the parents can opt to share the remaining leave as flexible parental leave. Also under this new shared parental leave it is proposed to allow the husband, civil partner or partner of the pregnant women the right to unpaid time off to attend up to 2 ante-natal appointments. 2015
    Parental leave extended to 18The right to unpaid Parental Leave will be extended to parents of any child under the age of 18 years. 2015
    Surrogate parents eligible for adoption leaveProvided they meet the eligibility criteria parents who have a child through surrogacy will be permitted to take ordinary paternity leave and pay, adoption leave and pay and shared parental leave and pay. Both parents will also be entitled to take unpaid time off to attend two antenatal appointments with the woman carrying the child. 2015
    School leaving age to rise to 18 2015
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com