• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get WELCOME FINANCE to actually communicate to me as an individual? I am unable to currently pay my monthly repayment amount in full but as hard as I try to arrange a smaller repayment amount the larger the debt. Everytime I call them the right person is never available so they have to get this person to call me - £10.00 charge!!

Never do I get a response to my letters just a computer generated letter of arrears - £10.00 charge!!

I just wish they would refer the debt to a debt collection agency so the interest stops and I can agree a repayment plan - all they do is just threaten to do so.....

FSA don't want to know either - are these guys above the law??
    :ballchain:

Re: Welcome Finance

Hi carole,
    Ok time to stop phoning them then, no use just increasing the amount you owe them.
    Do yourself a I&E sheet, you can find one on here to help you or just fill in one yourself.
    Send off the payment you can afford with a copy of your I&E sheet and say thats all you can pay , pay it in your usual way or by cheque, PO. Write that you have tried to communicate with them to discuss this matter and to no avail, then see what if anything comes back.
    Enaid x

Comment

As above. If you've got them keep your itemised phone bills as proof of the number of times you've phoned them. As said above do an IE sheet (the template one on here is good) - fill it in as accurately as possible and make sure you allow yourself enough money to live a reasonable life. Do not fall into the trap of thinking - eg - my wardrobes fine so I don't need any clothes at the moment. Put an amount down - you will and do need clothes! Send it registered post with a postal order made out to them for an amount you can afford and keep paying that amount monthly leaving them to take the next step. In a court of law, if you have tried so hard, no judge is going to side with them. May also be worth asking for an SAR so you can prove the charges for phoning you back - they should match up with your itemised bill so you can prove reasonably you tried to contact them and they called you back just to get your £10.00.

Keep everything up to date on here - there's people with MUCH more expertise than me who may be able to advise you better, but that's what I'd do as I understand things at the moment.

Comment

Caspar

I've helped with Harriett on Wecome Finance a lot & have all fax numbers and E-Mail addresses--will give you some contacts tomorrow---with Welcome Finance--FAX + follow up E Mail is unavoidable-

-also ( in case of mis selling PPI (if thats where you go))I have their detailed methods of how they calculate refunds etc--slightly different to the norm-but to your advantage

Turbo

Comment

If it goes to The Lewis Group DCA they are currently accepting as low as 35% to settle the accounts in some cases. Always worth having a tally of all those charges ready, and should you be in a good position then, to get the balance reduced by that amoiunt as a bare minimum!

I personally thought WFS were haveing problems, but it also appears they have started taking legal action against some bad payers, although in your case im thinking any decent judge would laugh at them as you have been trying.

Good luck with it though.

Comment

Have E Mailed Harriet for all tel/fax/e mail numbers

Fax & E mail are the best cost effective means I think

Comment

Hi guys, if it goes to the lewes group and i settle early with them, would it result in a default notice applied to my credit file?

Comment

Im not very clued up with credit file entries, but if you paid via a doorstep agent like myself, you would get a written receipt detailing the account is 'paid in full'. that would be enough to ensure your file is updated as 'settled'. Any other info remains for 6 years unless you can get bad history removed?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                  Im not very clued up with credit file entries, but if you paid via a doorstep agent like myself, you would get a written receipt detailing the account is 'paid in full'. that would be enough to ensure your file is updated as 'settled'. Any other info remains for 6 years unless you can get bad history removed?
                  That's my understanding. However, if they don't update it as settled you have every right to ask them to do so - unsure whether ths is with the DCA or the actual credit agency - someone will let you know I'm sure!
                  Last edited by Caspar; 13th October 2010, 16:57:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X