• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swift Advances

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swift Advances

Hi

Iv just joined as a new member and am surprised that its not only me who have to deal with the extortionate charges that Swift advance group charge..

I took a loan out with Swift advance for £25000 five years ago. The loan was for 10 years. Last year my companys contract ended and we got into Financial difficulties. Swift were ok at first they let us pay £100 per month but then we couldnt afford that they now send us letters charging us interest of £65 per month for non payment. Looking back over our statements the interest rate each month varies so much one rate was £269 then the next month it was £318. I dont really understand how it could vary so much when the interest rate is going down.

Im at my wits end. I have decided to look into an iequity release scheme and asked Swift what the settlement figure would be. I received a statement today and they have said the amount I would have to pay would be . £26,309 According to my figures I have already paid over £25000 back over 5 years.

What I need to know is can they charge the full 10 years interest when we are hoping to settle 5 years early.

Any advice dealing with these scum bags would be welcome.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X