• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Struck Out - Now Being Re-issued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim Struck Out - Now Being Re-issued

Creation consumer - agreement 2006, terminated and taken to court, they failed 3 times to follows practice directions, claim was struck out for unreasonable behaviour and we were awarded costs against them for this, in 2008,

they have now issued a ned DN and termination and they have written today to again confirm that we owe money on the agreement, they are requesting repayment proposals, they also have stated as there was no formal decision on the account, they will re-issue the claim, they do not consider this as abuse of process.

they will be writing back to confirm in the near future via court ---- CAN THEY DO THIS - DEFECTIVE DN ON WHICH ACC WAS TERMINATED - THEN FAILED TO FOLLOW COURT ORDERS - STRUCK OUT AND COSTS AWARDED TO US FOR THEIE BEHAVIOUR - NOW THIS THREAT

ALL HELP AAPRECIATED

Re: Claim Struck Out - Now Being Re-issued

Abuse of process when the N1 arrives just apply for it to be struck out again without a hearing on the grounds above enclosing the judgement you have
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Thank you Pompeyfaith - I will and will keep the site updated

Comment

I think they may well be allowed to continue - in the interests of justice and so on. Basically they messed up, went back correct the errors and are having another go.

The issue of the new Default and Termination notice is interesting. Do you have all the copies of agreements and so on in the case ?

I agree with Pompey - defend initially on the basis its already been struck out etc but be ready to enter a proper defence to the debt.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

God your Joking - they are allowed to??????

I have been through hell with these people -Greenhalghs solicitors, I have all the old orders and letters yes - but are they allowed to go back and correct errors - does estoppel and abuse of process have no bearing ?

How would I defend this - it seems that the legal system is more and more geared to the big guys and the LIP is regarded as a "nobody" by some courts and Judges from what I have seen to date

Comment

This will be of interest to you. Claim struck out - claimant trying to re-issue (abuse of process)- then read on
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

yes thanks - I posted that but received no further assistance from CAG - so you think that it can be defended on this basis?

Comment

Originally posted by josh View Post
                yes thanks - I posted that but received no further assistance from CAG - so you think that it can be defended on this basis?
                I would be very interested in any advice on this as I have a similar issue. I won a claim by default and now the creditor is threatening action for the same account.
                They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

With a default judgment they should really be applying to set aside the judgment against them rather than bring a new claim unless it is on a different cause of action. Different issues on same account would be different cause of action.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by josh View Post
                    God your Joking - they are allowed to??????

I have been through hell with these people -Greenhalghs solicitors, I have all the old orders and letters yes - but are they allowed to go back and correct errors - does estoppel and abuse of process have no bearing ?

How would I defend this - it seems that the legal system is more and more geared to the big guys and the LIP is regarded as a "nobody" by some courts and Judges from what I have seen to date
                    CPR 3.9 & 10 may give them the opportunity to go over the process again, all they need is a good arguement for non compliance and the right judge
                    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X