• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT on Car ( Welcome )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT on Car ( Welcome )

Hello everyone,

I have rcently done a VT on a car with Welcome Finance . I sent them a recorded delivery letter and the vehicle was collected , all went well. BUT now Welcome Finance have sent me a bill for "Separate Agreement Liabilities" under the heading of "Optional Insurance". The figure requested is 178.50. I have looked at my original contract and I am unable to understand what this is. I need someone to perhaps give me an idea what this is.
    They have also transferred my account to another branch which persistanly calls me on a daily basis and also called my place of work. The person dealing with the account told me that unless I paid the account it would be passed to a third party. I suggested that he was making a threat. I also mentioned tha a number of months ago due to their error I had been charged 30.00 by my bank because they had tryed to take a payment before the agreed date. All of a sudden they said that they could reduce the charge from 178.50 to 90.00. They would get back to me after they had spoken to their manager. The next thing I get is a letter requesting 216.82. I received a call yesterday , which I said I could not deal with as I had an appointment the hospital and that I would contact them in writing which they did not want as they wanted a payment over the telephone.

I had heard that they can make things difficult but I thought I had done everything as I should of... Wrong. They have also charged me 10.00 for the letter they sent.!!!!

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks Glenn
    Last edited by Aaronglenn; 23rd September 2010, 21:05:PM. Reason: Addition

Re: VT on Car ( Welcome )

Firstly, don't speak to them by phone. Write to them requesting a breakdown of exactly what these charges are, and which part of the agreement you signed covers them. Tell them in the letter that you insist, for the avoidance of doubt blah blah blah that all communications should be in writing. You could also point out that if they persist in phoning you it will be construed as harassment and you will be reporting them. There is a template on here that deals with it but tbh I'm knackered and I can't find it at the moment, if you have a mooch round you'll find it I'm sure.

Sorry I can't be of any more help but I'm sure someone will turn up with more advice.
    Is no longer here

Comment

VT on Car ( Welcome )

Hello everyone,

I have rcently done a VT on a car with Welcome Finance . I sent them a recorded delivery letter and the vehicle was collected , all went well. BUT now Welcome Finance have sent me a bill for "Separate Agreement Liabilities" under the heading of "Optional Insurance". The figure requested is 178.50. I have looked at my original contract and I am unable to understand what this is. I need someone to perhaps give me an idea what this is.
      They have also transferred my account to another branch which persistanly calls me on a daily basis and also called my place of work. The person dealing with the account told me that unless I paid the account it would be passed to a third party. I suggested that he was making a threat. I also mentioned tha a number of months ago due to their error I had been charged 30.00 by my bank because they had tryed to take a payment before the agreed date. All of a sudden they said that they could reduce the charge from 178.50 to 90.00. They would get back to me after they had spoken to their manager. The next thing I get is a letter requesting 216.82. I received a call yesterday , which I said I could not deal with as I had an appointment t the hospital

Comment

Any chance you can scan in the agreement ? (signed page and terms) as that would be the simplest way to work out what it is.

Any mention of non cancellable optional insurances on the agreement ?

(also do what Wendy said)
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes I think I could do that , as long as I am not breaching any copyrights etc...
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Thanks Wendy , Good advice which I will follow. I found the template and will use it . They did not appreciate me saying on the phone that I will answer in writing and were very persistant that it could all be done on the phone.... not any more.
          Last edited by Aaronglenn; 27th September 2010, 10:23:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

thanks, just remove your personal info off it.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hopefully this has worked . Agreement and terms and conditions

Comment

It looks like they are saying you have the remainder of the insurance balance to pay.

I thought they could only charge insurance for the duration - eg if the insurance was for 5 years and you canceled after 3, they had to refund the remaining 2 years premium? or was that just in my head beagles?!?

15.8 in the contract seems to imply that you are liable for the whole PPI even if you canceled.
                Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

Did you actually take out your insurance with them, or any other type of insurance (ie. one of those add ons they always seem to have)?

Comment

Yes I had intially PPI with them which I cancelled due to the high payments and got another PPI at a much lower premium.
                    I do know that I had short gap insurance with them although surely when you do a VT, everything is cancelled. Why would I want short gap ins on something I dont have anymore. I have asked them in their letter ( Wendys advice) to give a breakdown and also where in the agreement this is.
                    Also thrown in a request for initial PPI details and cost.

Comment

I think you may just have to write to them and rquest that they supply you with information on what exactly "seperate agreement liabilities" are.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X