• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Divorce advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce advice please

Hi

I have found out that my wife is cheeting on me. I have read her text messages and she has admitted to sending and recieving them now.

She has left our home and gone to live god knows where.

I have three children 13, 17, 19 at home.

My question is will i have to sell our family home and give her half?

Re: divorce

i short no because your childrens rights come before yours or your wifes so as you still have a child of school age the home cannot be sold to pay her half

I think you should contact the cab and/or relate
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

(((((hugs)))))))

here is a link to a very good website loads of information and support from people going through the same ****
      I used it a lot in the early days, I know you probably don't want to hear this but life does get better takes time tho.

SL xxx

Forum List - Divorce Advice | Divorce and Separation
      Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

If she remains the absent parent, and you remain primary carer for the kids, then she may need to pay you maintenance for the children - for the 13 year old certainly, probably the 17 year old depending if they are in education still etc.

Sounds like things are still pretty raw so give it time, look after the kids and yourself, and once you are able to communicate with her you can discuss what to do with the house/mortgage, who will pay what, and who will. It is extremely unlikely you would be forced to sell at least until the 13 yr old is 18.

As pompey says speak to CAB and Wikivorce - the site SL has linked you too is very helpful for support and others experiences.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sorry to hear of your situation.

Here are a couple more sites for information that may also be of use

Families Need Fathers

http://www.gingerbread.org.uk/

Please post if you need any further help, advice or just need to let off steam.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I feel terrible. My heart is pounding. Cant eat sleep. I keep trying to put her out my mind but the thought of her with anyone else is killing me. Stressed big time.

She came back to the house today and said it was deffo over and she going to make my life hell.

She took my sons lap top and some cash that we had.

She has maxed out three credit cards in my name as well.

Comment

Rich, as soon as business opens today, you need to contact banks and whoever she can get money from in your name and explain the situation. You need to stop her taking money from you.

Then you need to change the locks on your doors to stop her entering the house when you are not there. It may seem harsh, but it will save you a lot more heartache if she is intent on causing trouble. You have to think of yourself and the kids now.

Good luck.

Comment

you also need to go see your GP as this is causing you stress by the sound of it and you need to remain in good health for your kids
                If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

I know its difficult to hear now but I understand everything that you are going through. Exactly the same happened to me 6 years ago the only difference being I had 2 children. Both they and I are now really good. Both at uni and doing good. Me too . It is a road you have to travel and you have to grieve for your loss. But I know from experience that it gets easier to deal with and eventually becomes a memory.

Comment

Originally posted by RICHRSW View Post
                    I feel terrible. My heart is pounding. Cant eat sleep. I keep trying to put her out my mind but the thought of her with anyone else is killing me. Stressed big time.

She came back to the house today and said it was deffo over and she going to make my life hell.

She took my sons lap top and some cash that we had.

She has maxed out three credit cards in my name as well.
                    I feel for you I really do, I remember that feeling hang in there, take one day at a time, do as Shell has said and contact the bank etc as you have to think of yourself and the kids right now.

SL xxx
                    Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X