• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Protection From Harrassment Act 1997

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protection From Harrassment Act 1997

Good Evening All.

I seek a bit of assistance in drafting a solid and professional letter.

I am sick of being lied to and being treated like general rubbish.
    I have made mistakes and worked hard to clear my name with bad debts. In 1999 I landed myself a CCJ via Abbey National. This I since have found out only lasts for six years. The company that have taken on / bought the debt is 'EquiDebt' and have continued to increase the payment without my consent. They say on their letters that they will review my account every 3 months. Would it be fair to expect that I should consulted for a fair review? This does not happen.
    When the payment shot up to just under 3.5 times the original agreement I complained about the rise. I was asked to give a full expenditure statement over the phone. Shortly after this, I checked my bank statement and the payment taken was wrong. I also received a arrears notice threatening legal action and marks on my credit fille (a standard letter). This was admittley their mistake. I requested a personally signed letter confirming all this along with the new payment and date of commencement. I surprisingly received such a letter. I checked my bank statement and low and behold it was wrong. The unreduced payment had been taken. I called and asked to speak to the lady who signed the letter and was called back earlier today (06/09/10) and I asked her if she signed the letter to which she replied yes. I proceeded to ask if she was familiar with the content to which she replied no. I asked her if she had prepared to take the call as she had no idea what I had called about. After this I requested that all correspondance be made through their Compliance / Complaints department.

Enough of my story telling........ Can anyone help me draft a letter to get these animals of my back and do things by the book. Today I attended an appointment at my GP as I suffering from stress and have been reffered for councelling.

Thanks for reading

Chris Hicks

Re: Protection From Harrassment Act 1997

What was the original debt for and what do you want to achieve with a letter?

Comment

Hi thanks for replying. The original debt was for a £3000 loan from Abbey National and I aim to stop this company causing me stress with there imcompetence which I understand is covered someway under the protection from harrassment act. Just dont know to draft it and would like to be sure on the law side of things.

Thanks again,

Chris Hicks

Comment

Never pay a CCJ via Direct Debt always use Standing Order only that way you are in control and not them.

What was the payment arrangement on the CCJ?

PF
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Presumably you are paying this via Direct Debit. Since this is the case, simply cancel this at your bank and inform the DCA that you have done so, due to their continued incompetence.

You may then make alternative arrangements to pay them. Do you pay them as a result of the CCJ and if so, what were the original payment terms specified in the order?

Comment

Presumably you are paying this via Direct Debit. Since this is the case, simply cancel this at your bank and inform the DCA that you have done so, due to their continued incompetence.
            And ask them to send you an S/O form.

PF
            If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X