• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Energy Mis-Selling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy Mis-Selling

Sky News reporting that 4 energy companies are being investigated over claims by consumers that they are being missold

I have always thought this and my son did 1 days training with TMC this theday and jacked it in because he said what he was being told to say did not fit his morals

More on this as the news comes in and more about my sons expierencies this evening
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    it is quite ironic that this should come so soon after my son jacking it in some of the stuff he was told is quite shocking as was the way he was treated the way they are trained at TMC has a lot to do with this my son said he was litterally brainwashed
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 2nd September 2010, 08:11:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Re: Energy Mis-Selling

I used to work for a utility company and I am surprised that they are not one of those being investigated; more recently I have had two very aggressive utility sales people at my door from two separate Companies - they both caught me off my guard because I was expecting a parcel - otherwise I would not have opened the door.

The last thing on their minds was saving me money. They asked some very personal questions which I declined to answer and when I went to shut the door one of them actually became verbally aggressive.

I called Consumer Direct on both occasions because it genuinely shook me up, and their behaviour was less than honest.
    Last edited by Zazen.Warrior; 2nd September 2010, 13:18:PM.
    Scottish Wildcat Association, conserving Scotland's critically endangered wild felines

Comment

well that does fit in with what my son was saying to me it would be interesting to know how many consumers were given a copy of the contract and also whether they signed a satisfaction form or indeed if they got a follow up call
      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 2nd September 2010, 10:19:AM.
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Irony of ironies I just had one of these at my door; this time from Southern Electricity, I noticed them going door to door as I was coming in and guessed what they were. I must admit I opened mine to them just for the pleasure of refusing to answer any questions and shutting it again.

Opened the door and the guy asked me if I was 'My Name'; I asked why he wanted to know. He waved a card at me which apparently confirmed he was from Southern, I said 'No thank you' and shut the door again.

Five minutes amusement if nothing else. At least he was perfectly civil so no need to call Consumer Direct this time
        Scottish Wildcat Association, conserving Scotland's critically endangered wild felines

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X