• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ - Particulars of Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ - Particulars of Claim

Hi - I've received a CCJ claim for a MBNA CC debt amounting to £2000.

I'm agreeing to the claim but seeking more time to pay via installments in my response. My question is whether there are grounds for contesting this past of the POC :

"Interests pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 19 at the rate of 68.09 pence per day at the date of judgment or sooner payment"

Many thanks
    J

Re: CCJ - Particulars of Claim

They are not entitled to claim s69 interest, but as the CCJ has already been awarded against you, I am not sure how you would now challenge this. Sorry, hopefully someone more knowledgable will be along later.

Comment

Lets get this straight as I'm a bit confused.

Has this been to court and you got a CCJ or have you just got an N1 POC though the post and it is to go to court?

PF
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry PF for the confusion.....
        No it has not been to the court yet. I received the N1 POC in the post issued via Northampton, claimant is Restons, issue date on the form is the 12/08 and i have not responded yet either.

As i said I am willing to respond to the claim by filling in the N9A form offering payment via installments. My question is whether the claimants are entitled to claim S69 interests?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X