• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Claim Form - DISCONTINUED !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Claim Form - DISCONTINUED !!!

Hello, I received a Calim form from Cabot and need to have a defence in for the 1st September

The POC are as follows:

The claimant is the assignee of a Debt(s) from Egg Banking Plc
    Loan reference XXXXXXXX(This is Cabopts own reference rather than any Egg reference
    Notice of assignment having been given to the defendant in writing. Despite demand for payment 48xx.xx remains due. The claimant claims 50xx.xx and interest under s.69 county courts act 1984 and costs.

I have acknowledged service and made CPR 31.14 and Part 18 requests

They have previously provided me with the familiar forged NOA, an agreement which does not have all of the prescribed terms (No right to cancel) but does have PPI which is included in the Total Loan amount rather than the cost of credit.

I suppose my question is this, what't the best next step, I know I have to mount a defence

So do I defend against the POC as they stand, with virtually no information do I post an embarrassed defence, or attempt to defend in full aginst the rubbish they've produced

Re: Cabot Claim Form

Originally posted by Spamheed View Post
    Hello, I received a Calim form from Cabot and need to have a defence in for the 1st September

The POC are as follows:

The claimant is the assignee of a Debt(s) from Egg Banking Plc
    Loan reference XXXXXXXX(This is Cabopts own reference rather than any Egg reference
    Notice of assignment having been given to the defendant in writing. Despite demand for payment 48xx.xx remains due. The claimant claims 50xx.xx and interest under s.69 county courts act 1984 and costs.

I have acknowledged service and made CPR 31.14 and Part 18 requests

They have previously provided me with the familiar forged NOA, an agreement which does not have all of the prescribed terms (No right to cancel) but does have PPI which is included in the Total Loan amount rather than the cost of credit.

I suppose my question is this, what't the best next step, I know I have to mount a defence

So do I defend against the POC as they stand, with virtually no information do I post an embarrassed defence, or attempt to defend in full aginst the rubbish they've produced

Request an extension!

You cannot submit your defence (any defence), until you have obtained full disclosure of documents.

"Costs" [Emphasis Added]
    http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/11550.htm
    Last edited by Angry Cat; 19th August 2010, 18:17:PM.

Comment

how would i do that?

Comment

Ring the court and find out if you can do it via a letter or if an N244 and a fee is required.

PF
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Is the defence to be in, or simply an acknowledgement?
          My Blog
          http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by LuggerBugs View Post
            Is the defence to be in, or simply an acknowledgement?

[quote] by Spamheed:
            I have acknowledged service and made CPR 31.14 and Part 18 requests [quote]
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            Originally posted by Spamheed View Post
            how would i do that?
            CPR 15.5:
            http://www.justice.gov.uk/civil/proc...rts/part15.htm
            Last edited by Angry Cat; 19th August 2010, 21:16:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi Spamheed,

IF they agree to the extension don't leave it to them to speak to the court. The onus is on the defendant to let the court know.

The safest way is to get confirmation in writing from them and attach it to your letter to the court confirming that an extension has been agreed.

If you leave it to the Sols you may find that you have a ccj by default. Make sure you cover your backside.

M

Comment

Thank you for your advice, I will do this

I have had replies from Morgan to both 31.14 and part 18, the 31.14 added nothing new at all, just a rehash of the same agreement with T&C, dodgy NOA etc, the part 18 produced an alleged DOA which is so heavilly redacted as to make them pointless, nothing to show what is being bought, any values no information at all other than the signatories

Also an alleged (Cabot) account history which apart from mentioning my name in a couple of places cannot be linked by reference or account number to anything at all.

to date though nothing to show how the amount claimed has been worked out, no breakdown of anything. MOrgan insist that they have made requests of Egg for this and their NOA and will send as and when,

the agreement and T&C as provided are below along with the claim form
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

Last edited by Spamheed; 20th August 2010, 05:44:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

to date though nothing to show how the amount claimed has been worked out, no breakdown of anything. MOrgan insist that they have made requests of Egg for this and their NOA and will send as and when,
                  Then concentrate your request for an extension on this point. You're giving them the extra time to come up with the info. Obviously, the NOA is pretty important as without it they shouldn't be taking you to court. You can request the extension I believe and agree to submit your defence 14 days thereafter (up to a max of 28 days).

With regards your defence, work on the assumption that they'll say 'no' to the extension so you don't get caught out. For now, still aim to get something in by the 1st.

M
                  Last edited by MandM; 20th August 2010, 08:27:AM. Reason: added a bit

Comment

So allegedly we have mutually agreed an extension of 28 days (waiting on a letter of confirmation) wouldn't have it as an extension for them to disclose, had to be for me to file a defence. They do seem to like their wordplay

Had a chat with the gentleman named on the correspondence who towards the end of the conversation asked what my position was.

Told him I thought they were trying a long shot to get a quick default and that it wasn't going to happen. That they hadn't provided any evidence of transferring ownership of anything at all, a forged NOA and a redacted DOA with no information showing at all, an agreement full of holes, they've provided absolutely nothing to substantiate anything in their claim or even that they have a cause of claim in the first place.

Comment

Yep, they love playing with words lol.

Keep an eye on the timescales. If you haven't had the confirmation by early next week then chase for it. Then await the NOA and see what turns up.

Comment

Right, so I got my letter confirming the 28 day extension, this means that now Cabot have til 28th to provide me with a cause for claim and I have until the same date to post my defence.

Comment

Is this sufficient for a letter notifying the court of a time extension

In the Northampton County Court
                          Claim number XXXXXXX

Between

Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd - Claimant

and
                          XXXXX XXXXXXX - Defendant

Dear Sir or Madam

I write to advice you that claimant and defendant in this case have mutually agreed an extension for the defence to be filed with a new deadline of xx xxxxxxx 2010

A copy of the claimants acknowledgement of this extension is attached

Yours sincerely

xxxxx xxxxxxx

Comment

Your paperwork looks identical to mine ! The name has been redacted on the Personal Loan Agreement Terms and Conditions in exactly the same place...

I will watch your progress with interest, but wish you the best of luck !

Comment

I think there are a lot of us in the same boat, everything about the way they do their business stinks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X