• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Aktiv Kapital

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from Aktiv Kapital

Hi

Just registered with the site to get some help regards a letter recieved this morning from Ark Kapital.

Content as follows:-

Dear XXXX

Your Account with us

we have an account for xxxx. The account relates to an outstanding balalnce with Brclays Bank Plc. The amount owed is xxxx.

Your details

We have been privided with the above address through public databases.

We therefore believe that you are our customer and that this is the correct address for our account.

We would like to talk to you about repaying this balalnce so please call xxxxx.

If you beleive you are not he account holder then you will need to tell us straight away and we will amend our records and all associated records.

Yours sincerely

xxxxx

I think that this relates to a current account that I held with Barclays back in 1995 when I was a student and a Dividend payment was made into my account of approx £200. I left the funds in there for a few months and when it had not been recalled used it. Since approx 19996 the account has been dormant and I have not received any correspondence regards the account since that time.

As this is the first contact from Aktiv Kapital do you sugeest I ignore or write asking for the CCA information?

Cheers

Re: Letter from Aktiv Kapital

Hold your horses and WAIT to see if they can be bothered to write again as this may well be a simple phishing exercise on their latest batch of old debts.

If they can be bothered to write again a simple Prove It letter goes along way. No need to muck about with CCA's and the like at this time.

IF, as you suspect this is an account from 1996 then it is well and truly Statute Barred under s5 of limitations Act and, while they can request payment, they CANNOT take any legal action at all.

Comment

Hi Curly Ben

They have written again this morning offering a 35% discount if I pay the debt within the next 14 days. i assume that a 'prove it' letter still the correct action?!

Cheers for you help.

Comment

Always curious when a DCA offers a "discount" on a debt

Yep fire off a Prove It, it's post#4 on the first link in my siggie.
        Least that will give you more to work with, rather than the vague assertion that this debt is valid and payable.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X