• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking ticket

Hello everybody
    I need some help and as I'm foregin i'm having dificualty with understanding low. I got parking ticket issued in January (my friend was driving which was kindly living with us as he was going back home Sold his car etc) Ididnt know at that time that he got that as I was working and he was at home so he was picking up tickets or letters from council. He left home and then I found out about it and other credit card debts and on principal basis I said I will not pay I know it was mistake as there was my name on it. Anyway I have a bailiff chasing me I belive he was here 3 times and today I got the notice of sizure on my car and if I dont pay 567.46 in full he will remove my car. What shell I do - even mafia dont charge such a percent. I've read some posts that he have to charge standart rates. Do I need to call him, talk about it - company is called Phoenix . Please advise as I dont know where to start and what to do. And sorry for my English chaos.
    Many Thanks for help any help
    Last edited by voiddi; 12th August 2010, 19:16:PM.

Re: Parking ticket

Hi Voiddi

Welcome to Beagles :beagle:

OK, let me get this straight so we can work out how to help:

1. A friend driving your vehicle got a parking ticket in January.
    2. He received the ticket in YOUR name, at your home, opened it and ignored/hid it.
    3. He then left the UK.
    4. Where does the 'Sold his car' come in to this?
    5. You then discovered debts in your name, such as credit cards?
    6. You now have bailiffs turning up.
    7. These bailiffs have levied your car and want £567.46

OK, couple more questions.....

When did he move out of your home?

Have you received any parking ticket demands since then by post?

As far as the bailiffs are concerned, they don't care if your friend got the ticket. To prove he is liable, you would need to provide a lot of proof and evidence that you were not driving the vehicle at the time the ticket was received; which i imagine you wont be able to. Otherwise, everyone would be able to claim it was a 'friend' who's now left the country.

OK, I'm sure others here may advise you that there are ways you can fight this, but in the meantime, if they have a valid levy on your vehicle, they will take it if they can locate it.......

You can send the bailiff a request for all your data called a SAR and a breakdown of the charges, but I doubt this would stop them trying to take the vehicle very soon.

Lastly, he doesn't sound like a very good friend, especially if you put him up in your home. If you end up paying this debt to keep your car from being towed away, can you contact him directly to get him to deal with these debts?
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

1. A friend driving your vehicle got a parking ticket in January. Yes
      2. He received the ticket in YOUR name, at your home, opened it and ignored/hid it. Yes
      3. He then left the UK. YEs
      4. Where does the 'Sold his car' come in to this? His own car then he was using mine
      5. You then discovered debts in your name, such as credit cards? Well debts on credit cards are under his neme so not a big deal they sending a lot of post and calling a lot Im saing he left UK
      6. You now have bailiffs turning up. Yes for parking ticket
      7. These bailiffs have levied your car and want £567.46 Yes

OK, couple more questions.....

When did he move out of your home?
      in May

Have you received any parking ticket demands since then by post?
      Yes but I ignored stupid me
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      I have been to Citizen Beauro of advise but didnt get much help there I went to see Parking Ticket Office but the lady told me that they cant do anything at that stage as the case is with bailiffs so I'm stuck I will have to pay him??? but the charges are unbelivable.... I could pay half of that and finish the case.
      Last edited by voiddi; 12th August 2010, 20:50:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi Voiddi

Where is your so called friend now?
        Are you in contact with him?
        Is he aware of the problems that his mistake and attempted cover up is causing you? Have you tried to get him to pay the money to you, what was his reaction?

Could you try approaching his family or his Employer for the money?

It seems very unfair of your friend to expect to simply be able to walk away from this and leave you to suffer the consequences.

Comment

http://www.which.co.uk/cars/driving/...ng-ticket-faqs

Comment

Angry Cat - please could you explain the significance of your posted Link?

How does it relate to Voiddi's situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Budgie View Post
              Angry Cat - please could you explain the significance of your posted Link?

How does it relate to Voiddi's situation?
              Parking ticket FAQ's, Budgie.

[quote]:

Someone else driving

I wasn't the person driving when the parking ticket was issued – do I still have to pay?

Yes, unless your car was reported stolen at the time. The various laws that govern parking fines say that the owner of a vehicle is normally liable for the penalty charge when a contravention occurs.[quote]

Everyone hates parking tickets, but unless the ticket was invalid, there is little that one can do

Further, if the OP was not the registered owner of the vehicle, then he should not have to pay.

Comment

Thank you AC.

I am pretty sure that Voiddi was already aware that as the owner of the vehicle, he (or she ) is liable for the penalty charge!

Voiddi, I know that you have already spoken with the lady at the parking ticket office. However, I would suggest that you write them a letter, send a copy to the Bailiff, explain the full circumstances and even go on to explain that you have not responded to recent written communications because you were uncertain of what to do. Maybe request a delay in proceedings whilst you contact your friend or a reduction in the charge because of the circumstances etc

It probably will not do you any good but its maybe worth a try.

Look forward to your answers to my questions in my last post about your friend's current situation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X