• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No Royal Mail Post due to Dog!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Royal Mail Post due to Dog!

I hope this is the right forum to post to?

We have shared access to our property and the neighbour keeps nasty yappy small dogs which we have complained about as they bite anyone (even us) entering and leaving out property! They have no control over them and its a joke..

We don't want to fall out with them, but we get by, and think they do bring them in due to past arguments, from them roaming free around the properties (there's and indeed ours!)

Anyway now we have heard now that the Postman won't deliver to our house due to passing the dogs now, so we aren't getting our post anymore!

So we now get our personal mail being left at a neighbours house, and they sort it and deliver it up to 9pm pushed through the door (im not sure whether they even keep the post back and deliver when it 'builds up'!)

Surely this is wrong!

This issue has nothing to do with us, they are not our dogs, and now the postie won't deliver to us! We've only just found out about this and i'm a bit annoyed!

What are my next steps? Do I contact the local depot?? Royal Mail? Citizens Advice?

I need the post for my work, as I get Recorded Deilvery mail that needs my personal signature so getting it shoved through the door at 9pm isnt great!

We even believe that one 'recorded delivery' for us, was signed for under a false signature, which we looked up on the electronic online signature reader, that wasn't ours!! isn't that illegal? We thought it maybe the Postman sigining, but now think its them so they can get away with not getting into an argument regarding the dog, post, and Royal Mail!!

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: No Royal Mail Post due to Dog!

Are you on speaking terms with your neighbour ? If you are then how about asking them in for a coffee or a drink, explain your problem and ask them to keep their pooches indoors until the postie has been.
    Or if you have a wall, fence, gate at the end of your drive then maybe fit a post box on there for your postie to use and you can pop down there are collect your mail.
    Or failing that why not nip to your other neighbours and collect any mail rather than waiting for them to deliver it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
      Or if you have a wall, fence, gate at the end of your drive then maybe fit a post box on there for your postie to use and you can pop down there are collect your mail.
      Or failing that why not nip to your other neighbours and collect any mail rather than waiting for them to deliver it to you.
      Thats all fine, but my point is, why should I have to?

this means knocking on their door every day asking for my post, or laying out the cost of a post box on the wall at the end entrance, and walking up everyday wind snow rain, to collect

Surely I must have a right to get my own mail pushed through my door?

Comment

Many people in outlying areas have a mail box at the end of their track/entrance.
        It is not a problem and something one gets used to!

Comment

Is there no way they can install a fence and gate between their side of the access and the land where the dogs are out ? eg if its a shared pathway from a gate (i'm assuming the access is enclosed in someway else the dogs would be on the road) then can the neighbours fence off along there to keep the dogs under control.

Also am not sure its legal for the postman just to deliver elsewhere although it would be more convenient for you than a trip to the PO each day, it does have confidentiality issues.

Otherwise easiest solution is as Angrycat said a mailbox outside the gate.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Royal Mail, will not delivery anywhere else, except to your PO Box or, redirect mail to a firm such as mail boxes.

As stated prior, it is not a problem having a mail box at the gate or entrance. The majority of houses in my area have these;
            postman pat comes along everyday, deposits the mail into the mail box; sorted.

In fact, many prefer this arrangement

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X