• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unlawfully rescinded current account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlawfully rescinded current account

Greetings All,

I had a current account with the Co-operative Bank I successfully got back all the charges applied back in 2007 just before this issue went to court.

They still carried on applying over charges though this amounted to over £350 before I switched bank accounts it had a balance of -£704 when I switched.

Now this account was used though out to pay the loan I had with them before I switched accounts and this Loan and 8 others I've had since 1999 are in dispute and have been for the last 2 years due to mis-sold PPI this matter is currently with the FOS.

This current account was in the joint names of me and my wife and they used to harras just me for payment instead of both of us but now because they get the short shifty from me due to accounts being in dispute they have decided to address all letters to my wife and harras her instead.

Can they do this surely as the account is joint they have to address letters in both our names.

The current account is the same number as the loan account bar to extra numbers on the loan account so for instance the current account would be
    12-34-56 12345678 and the loan account would be 12-34-56 12345678 90

So going by that it is safe to say the two are linked

They terminated both the accounts whilst in dispute on the back of a default notice that did not comply due to not allowing enough time to remedy.

These are now with moorcrofts but should not be as there is a clear dispute which is with the FOS.

PF
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Re: Unlawfully rescinded current account

Refer them to section 2.8 k of the Debt collection guidance - Final guidance on unfair business

k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or
    disputed debt.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

is it also against bba guideance to terminate whilst a valid complaint is being investigated

sigpic

Comment

Correct
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Thank you another letter to the bank then

sigpic

Comment

And of course a complaint to the OFT

Complaints to OFT about DCA's

Comment

will do thank you tools

In a way i feel sorry for banking employees as they are not being correctly trained in banking law

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X