• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marstons do they accept installments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marstons do they accept installments

cut a long story short got court fines of £850 they been passed on to marstons and they added there bit on now at £1140 or there abouts , is there anyway to get them to take there fees off,and hes said i have 4 week to pay it,now i accept the fines and are gonna pay them off but £250+ a month is abit out of my limit at the minute,is there any kind of lengh of installments period they have to abide by or do they just decide , ive read 6 month and 2 years but dont know if this is true and should i speak to the bailliff that came to the house,or phone marstons up and speak to someone there? thanks in advance

Re: Marstons do they accept installments

Have a read of our Bailiff forum as you may find that Marstons have overcharged you. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...splay.php?f=76

You can send a SAR and check that the charges are correct as they do have a habit of overcharging.

Comment

is there any specific thread i should be looking at mate,what are the standard fees,i think he said 75 admin fee or letter not sure but i didnt even recieve a letter,and 200 for callin round,also whats the script on the payment options do they have to by law except payment plan or is that rubbish?

Comment

Have you been shown the Warrant of Distress by this bailiff?

Comment

no just posted a piece of paper threw saying final warning,no more further warnings ,saying if the payment is not made immediately ill be liable for sustantial addictional costs,theyve already put nearly 300 on.

Comment

Then you should write and ask to see a copy of it because it cannot be enforced if it is older than 180 days. When he visited you, what paperwork did he leave you?

How much did the court order you to pay? Are you on any kind of benefits?

Comment

it was just a a4 piece of paper threw the letter box a final warning letter,i owed i think 850 and had to pay 20 a month,i was in court in may and started a new job so had to work a month in hand so fell behind a month then soon as i got payed ,i payed double , but apparently courts sent the money back and passed this on , even tho i havnt recieved the money back and didnt know marstons had it untill yesterday, but apparently they took it on on the 25th june,and no i work full time but its still alot of money to come up with and addin nearly 300 on takes the ****,just dont know were i stand with it but the fella said on the fone if i dont pay within the 4 weeks he'll get a warrant out for my arrest and i could go to jail for 46 days
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              whats the longest period they have to accept payment plan on or dont they? surely they cant just expect you to come up with that sorta cash so quick.
              Last edited by steviewonder; 7th August 2010, 11:09:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You will need to find out what charges they have added and why and you do this by sending a Subject Access Request that you will find within the Bailiff Guide. Don't forget to include the fee, which is £10.

Basically, Marston have 180 days in which to collect the fine, but they won't tell you this. Let them know that you are aware of what they can and cannot do, but I would do this in a separate letter. You will have to make an arrangement to pay something though.

Comment

200 for having to come round and 75 admin fees or sending a letter cant remember which, i will pay the court fines no danger but the later they are having a laugh,and also can you shed any light on the installments do they have to give you so long?

Comment

Originally posted by steviewonder View Post
                    also can you shed any light on the installments do they have to give you so long?
                    Originally posted by Amy View Post
                    ... Marston have 180 days in which to collect the fine
                    They can spread the payments for the duration of the life of the warrant, which is 180 days, but as I already said, they won't tell you this.

Comment

cheers ive been told to get onto the courts and ask why the debt was passed on without my consent and ask for it to be passed back to them dont know if im ****in in the wind or not like

Comment

How much have you paid off?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X