• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MKRR - What do we know about them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MKRR - What do we know about them?

Hi People,
    I thought I'd put my few pennies worth in as well.Some years ago I had 2 loans with Welcome finance.In 2007 with both loans outstanding,I was forced to retire with ill health.With the lump sum from my pension I made an offer to Welcome to get rid of these loans,which they accepted and the sums are recorded on my bank statements.I have checked my credit record and there is no evidence of these loans.However,in the last few months I have been receiving texts from MKRR inviting me to call them,which I have ignored.I am now receiving more texts from a company called Raven,which has the same phone number as MKRR.Also,I have just discovered that I am getting 2 or 3 calls a day from this number -03333440145 and guess who this belongs to,MKRR.
    It seems that this company are trying all the tricks they know to get people to ring them,which I,so far,have not done.
    Why are they ringing me,firstly the loans were settled in 2007 and even if they weren't they would be statute barred by now anyway.
    How can I stop this company from contacting me,I've had no letters or any other details from them.

Comment

Hello Everybody,

Its been a long time sinceI had anything new to add to this thread, that is until recently when I received yet another letter from MKDP but this time its telling that :- In accordance with their rights my account has been sold to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited and that I will recieve a Notice of Assignment shortly.

3 weeks later I have recieved the Notice of Assignment off Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited and that Robinson Way Limited have been appointed to manage my account.

As you can see in my previous post MKDP couldn't provide anything with my CCA request so I was suprised to see that they could sell the account on. If they had provided me with the correct paperwork then we could have all moved forward.

If anybody has any advice I would appreciate that, Should I now send a CCA request and if so to Hoist or Robinson?

Best Regards,
      Kin
      Last edited by Kinlairdus; 7th December 2015, 22:03:PM.

Comment

so I was suprised to see that they could sell the account on.
        Unfortunately there is no legal reason why they shouldn't. The debt exists, even if it isn't enforceable.

I see no point in bothering with another CCA request. I suggest you write to Hoist, coped to Robinson, enclosing a copy of the letter from MKDP which says they are unable to produce a copy of the agreement and accept they cannot enforce the debt. Add that you will not be making any payments towards the debt unless they can produce a copy of the agreement.

Comment

I shall do that, many thanks for your reply!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X