• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MKRR - What do we know about them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MKRR - What do we know about them?

I've just done a Credit Search on them they rate 58/100, no CCJ's against them either. If you want anymore info give me a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.ton View Post
      Doesn't get worse for the debtor if you ignore them - get's worse for their profit forecast more so!
      Don't worry mate. They won't be getting a ha'penny from me. I won't even be acknowledging their presence. Once I get bored then I will hit them with the paperwork. The so called assignment letter from the Nationwide contains the same matrix code as their threatomatic. Oursoles.

Comment

Hi Guys and Gals re MKRR, i have a rather nasty issue with them and was wondering if anyone has any advice. I received a letter from them regarding a debt I had with Welcome Finance, I believe they have either bought the debt or are acting on their behalf. When Welcome collapsed I did not bother to repay anything as I was hoping I would be lucky to get away with it, god loves a trier!! So I got a letter a few months ago regarding the debt saying I now owed them it. I disputed the debt but they sent me a copy of the original form. Also to my horror they have placed a default on my credit report for over £6K!!!!! They never wrote to me advising they now have ownership of the debt nor did they send me a default notice. So I am disputing everything and demanding they remove this from my file asap! Does anyone have any advice as to how I can get this done or have any other unpleasant issues with MKRR to help me in my case?

Thanks.

Comment

Sadly a lot of debtors are having serious difficulties with MKRR and Welcome at the moment.

What have you actually done so far regarding them contacting you? Have you sent anything to them or the CRA's? Anything further you can tell us would be helpful.

Comment

I have written to MKRR asking for a true signed copy of the default notice as well as a letter stating MKRR now own the debt and a deed of assignment. None of which have been sent to me yet. My arguement to MKRR is

1) I never received any statements from Welcome or MKRR regarding the loan
            2) I received no documentation from MKRR that they are now owners of any debt and payment should be made to them.
            3) Never received a deed of assignment which i asked for.
            4) No default notice received from MKRR
            5) They wrote to me advising the account was handed to them on the 05/03/10, yet the default registered on my credit file was made on the 02/01/10. So therefore how can they place a default on my account when they did not have ownership for another two months!!

Its all very fishy and I have demanded they remove the default asap or I will go to the FO and the OFT.

So, what do you think? Do I have a case and do you think they will have to remove it?

Comment

I have written to MKRR asking for a true signed copy of the default notice as well as a letter stating MKRR now own the debt and a deed of assignment. None of which have been sent to me yet. My arguement to MKRR is

1) I never received any statements from Welcome or MKRR regarding the loan You should be sent at minimum an annual statement of account. A SAR would get you statements.
              2) I received no documentation from MKRR that they are now owners of any debt and payment should be made to them. You should have received a Notice of Assignment.
              3) Never received a deed of assignment which i asked for. You will only get the Deed by going through the courts using CPR31.
              4) No default notice received from MKRR You should definitely have received this.
              5) They wrote to me advising the account was handed to them on the 05/03/10, yet the default registered on my credit file was made on the 02/01/10. So therefore how can they place a default on my account when they did not have ownership for another two months!!Sounds as though the OC defaulted you before passing it to MKRR. The DN should therefore be from the OC.

Its all very fishy and I have demanded they remove the default asap or I will go to the FO and the OFT.

So, what do you think? Do I have a case and do you think they will have to remove it?

TBH if you owe the money I don't think they'll remove it. Remember you can put personal notes against your credit file, and also, if this is the only thing stopping you getting credit, you can write explanations to companies who turn you down explaining and asking them to reconsider. My guess however, is if you were using Welcome, then this is not the only debt.

They are under no obligation to send copies of what you have requested unless you send a formal SAR. Even then you have almost no chance of getting the actual Deed of Assignment from them.

I do believe you're right making them work to prove things though before you hand over a penny to them.

Comment

Lol - make them work then!

http://www.langleys.com/Services/Ins...NTIAL-(1).aspx

The case of Croft House Care Ltd, Orchard Home Care Ltd and Kelly Park Caring Agency v Durham City Council (2010) involved a dispute over the disclosure of commercial or business sensitive information. The Claimants brought proceedings against the Council for breaches of a procurement process. The Council did not want to disclose commercially sensitive data provided by tenderers and did not want to disclose information which would prejudice the Council’s ability to re-run the procurement process in the future. The High Court held that when balancing the confidentiality rights of third parties against the necessity of documents to be provided for the purpose of a fair Trial, the tender documents should be disclosed. It was found that the data went directly to the pleaded case.

I still reckon that you have a legal right to see proof of ownership of the assignment!
                Article 6, HRA kicks in, surely?
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks for the reply and helpful information. On my credit file it states that MKRR are the company who have defaulted me though, there is nothing by anyone else. Eveything else on my report is up to date / settled so I am rather upset that this has appeared and effectively ruined my credit. The channels I am trying to work at are that due to no notifications from MKRR they have not played a fair case and this should be removed. However from your response it seems that I may have little chance of the default being removed.

Comment

Default removals are possible. There's a poster on here called The Debt Star who I haven't seen around for a while, but he was quite successful in getting defaults removed. I do remember him saying it takes a vast amount of persistence though, and you may well need to go through the ICO etc... to get anything done. Even then there is no guarantee. Keep fighting if you think an injustice has been done, and we'll help all we can, but don't expect it to be quick.

Comment

Thanks for this! I will update this area when MKRR reply to my letter which was recently posted to them!

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                        Just got a letter from these monkeys apparently acting on behalf of MKDP for an alleged debt assigned from Nationwide. Apparently they have bought ALL of the respective rights, title and interest in respect of this.

No company number listed on their threatomatic however they give a partnership number of OC 349372 (WTF!!!!!) and a CCL Number of632121

Let the games commence

My partner recently got a letter from Raven Recoveries claiming a debt from Nationwide, he said he's unsure what this is for, am I able to check with Nationwide or would they have passed all the history onto Raven. After reading comments on here we would rather pay Nationwide than Raven.

They have Company Reg No 04746414 and same CCL Licence as others quoted on here, although full address is Compello Operations Ltd, Fleming House, Seebeck Place, Milton Keynes ...... It seems they change company directors and name every few months/years, obviously to avoid tax man or because they get found out!!
                        Last edited by Helen1970; 16th April 2012, 22:14:PM. Reason: Additional info added

Comment

Originally posted by Helen1970 View Post
                          My partner recently got a letter from Raven Recoveries claiming a debt from Nationwide, he said he's unsure what this is for, am I able to check with Nationwide or would they have passed all the history onto Raven.
                          Nationwide has probably passed on few or no data to Raven other than the value of the alleged debt and the personal data of the alleged debtor.

If the alleged debt is genuine, when was it allegedly incurred?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

If the alleged debt is genuine, when was it allegedly incurred?
                            Any reason for asking this ???

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                              Any reason for asking this ???
                              Yes.

I wondered if it might be statute barred.

Comment

Cheers pal. I thought you had some info in relation to nationwide cards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X