• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MKRR - What do we know about them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MKRR - What do we know about them?

Undoubtedly ODC, is savvy enough to know!

Comment

Hi. I am new to this site . I am looking to gather as much evidence as possible about a company trading under the names : MKRR & MKDP Some of the tatics they have employed against some of my clients requires referral to the Information Commissioners' Office. They are contacting people by telephone who are ex directory ... which must now include "Number witheld" A letter from one of the partners dated the 5'July inst Mr. Joseph Oyedepo LL.P clearly identifies they are using credit reference agencies for this practice . If this is the case then that is a breech of the Data Protection Act 1998. s. 13 I also believe this practice may be breeching certain Courts' Orders' esp. in the Family Courts.

Comment

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2009/08/silent-calls-2/

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/pri...ications.aspx/

Comment

After a couple of months of silence from these counts I receive a call today from them now using the name compello. Am I bovvered. Nope. Just blocked this number as well

Comment

I have just posted in the dca forum about this company but calling its self MKDP assigned by Barclaycard.
            App this company has a number of different names as you go through to different stages

Comment

Like most DCAs they think that having loads of different names makes them important when in actual fact it just shows them up for the pointless nonentities that they are. Raving Recoveries is another of the names they use

Comment

Sorry to ressurect this - just a snippet of info for any interested people.

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issu...depro+compello

Date: 30 May 2013 Issue Number: 60520 Page number: 10687Publication Date: Thursday, 30 May 2013
                Notice Code: 2432
                Appointment of Liquidators
                Company Number: 04695476.
                Name of Company: COMPELLO CARD SERVICES LIMITED.
                Nature of Business: Credit granting by non-deposit taking finance houses.

Company Number: 04746415.
                Name of Company: COMPELLO FINANCE LIMITED.
                Nature of Business: Financial intermediation not elsewhere classified.

Company Number: 04746414.
                Name of Company: GREEN HAIR OPERATIONS LIMITED.
                Nature of Business: Other business support service activities.
                Previous Name of Company: Compello Operations Limited (until 29 June 2012).

Company Number: 04725147.
                Name of Company: TRADEPRO HOLDINGS LIMITED.
                Nature of Business: Activities of head offices.
                Type of Liquidation: (All) Members.
                Address of Registered Office: (All of) Jupiter House, Warley Hill Business Park, The Drive, Brentwood, Essex, CM13 3BE.
                Principal Trading Address: (All of) Fleming House, Seebeck Place, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes, MK5 8FR

Liquidators' Names and Address: Jeremy Stuart French and Glyn Mummery, both of FRP Advisory LLP, Jupiter House, Warley Hill Business Park, The Drive, Brentwood, Essex, CM13 3BE

Office Holder Numbers: 003862 and 8996.
                Further details contact: Jeremy Stuart French or Glyn Mummery, Email:cp.brentwood@frpadvisory.com.
                Date of Appointment: 23 May 2013.
                By whom Appointed: Members.

(1833120)

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hello everybody,

I am currently having 'issues' with this lot, the most recent letter (12/7/2013) has been from Keynes Collections which was a notice of intended legal action requiring a response within 14 days and is from the same address and phone number as MKDP/MKRR. My problem with them is that I have an outstanding debt with HSBC which I am making a token payment every month to another collection agency until my circumstance improve. I have never missed my payments but for the last year and a half I have been receiving letters saying that I have defaulted payment to HSBC and that MKRR are now the owners of the debt. I wrote to them asking to provide evidence that they now own my debt and they have recently sent me a copy of a letter that I have never received from HSBC stating that they have sold the debt to MKDP. I am not trying to get out of paying my debt so I have been to my CAB and have made an appointment for next month, they also told me to contact Keynes as they were the most recent company that have been in contact with me to explain that I can't do anything in 14 days of receiving the letter. Keynes confirm that they are receiving my token payment from HSBC but say that they are sending me defaulted payment letters as I have not been in contact with their company to sort out any repayments to them. If they ARE receiving payments from me then why am I getting letters of intended legal action? Do they need to do this if they are getting monthly payments off me anyway?

The companys that have written to me are:-
                  MKRR
                  Raven Recoveries
                  MKDP
                  Keynes Collections

I hope this makes sense and sorry if its long winded!
                  Best Regards,
                  Kin

Comment

MKRR
                    Raven Recoveries
                    MKDP
                    Keynes Collections

These are all the same company. Different notepaper same sh!t

Comment

Hi kinlairdus, & welcome to Legal Beagles.

To begin with, if it were me, I would send them a s77-79 CCA request for info.

They would need to send you copies of the agreement (probably reconstituted), & the T&C's from the inception of the agreement, plus any modifying terms.

That should keep them busy for a while.

They have 12 days to respond (+ 2 for the postal delay), after which, should they not comply, they are stopped from further debt chasing until they do comply.

It will cost you £1.00, & you are strongly advised to get proof of postage.

A template letter can be found here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ing-with-DCA-s post #4
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinlairdus View Post
                        Hello everybody,

I am currently having 'issues' with this lot, the most recent letter (12/7/2013) has been from Keynes Collections which was a notice of intended legal action requiring a response within 14 days and is from the same address and phone number as MKDP/MKRR. My problem with them is that I have an outstanding debt with HSBC which I am making a token payment every month to another collection agency until my circumstance improve. I have never missed my payments but for the last year and a half I have been receiving letters saying that I have defaulted payment to HSBC and that MKRR are now the owners of the debt.
                        Can you tell us a bit more about this debt? Is it for a credit card, a loan or an overdraft? When did you open the account/take out the card/apply for the loan? If it was an overdraft, the standard s.77-79 CCA request wouldn't apply.

I wrote to them asking to provide evidence that they now own my debt and they have recently sent me a copy of a letter that I have never received from HSBC stating that they have sold the debt to MKDP.
                        Did you ever receive a Notice of Assignment?

I am not trying to get out of paying my debt so I have been to my CAB and have made an appointment for next month, they also told me to contact Keynes as they were the most recent company that have been in contact with me to explain that I can't do anything in 14 days of receiving the letter.
                        CAB are not much help with these matters, to be honest, you'll find much better help right here on this forum. :thumb:

Keynes confirm that they are receiving my token payment from HSBC but say that they are sending me defaulted payment letters as I have not been in contact with their company to sort out any repayments to them. If they ARE receiving payments from me then why am I getting letters of intended legal action? Do they need to do this if they are getting monthly payments off me anyway?
                        Sadly informal repayment arrangements are not legally binding, some creditors may still take you to court even when you are making the agreed repayments. This is a well-known case where the defendant (who is also a member of this forum :yo was making the agreed repayments yet they still took her to court http://paulatwatsonssolicitors.wordp...nder-v-mayhew/

...but she won in the end! :grin:

As above, would be useful if you provided us with more information about this debt. :typing:

Comment

Hello and thank you both for your replies.

My debt is from a loan I took out in 2006, I was working full time and had a few credit cards and loans so this was to clear them all. The loan included PPI which was no use as in 2008 when I fell ill with depression as I lost my mother and couldn't make the payments I tried to claim on the PPI but was refused as I had suffered a bout of depression a year before I took the loan out so it was a previous medical condition and not covered. This is a classic case of miss selling PPI as if it had worked the loan would have been payed back by now.

I'm sure I have not received a Notice of Assignment but not 100%. I am pretty organized with my paperwork and have all the letters from the various companies that have been writing to me and there is no paperwork with them.

The original collection agency that this was first handed to was Metropolitan Collection Services and that's who still take my payment. I was also confused when MKDP/MKRR said that they had been sold my debt from HSBC as I was dealing with Metropolitan but later I found out that Metropolitan are a HSBC company.

Many thanks!

Comment

Hello and thank you both for your replies.

My debt is from a loan I took out in 2006, I was working full time and had a few credit cards and loans so this was to clear them all. The loan included PPI which was no use as in 2008 when I fell ill with depression as I lost my mother and couldn't make the payments I tried to claim on the PPI but was refused as I had suffered a bout of depression a year before I took the loan out so it was a previous medical condition and not covered. This is a classic case of miss selling PPI as if it had worked the loan would have been payed back by now.
                            In this case, you should definitely send a CCA request as noted above. If you account was opened before April 2007, they would have to provide you with a true copy of a properly executed agreement containing all the prescribed terms for it to be enforceable. If there was PPI, separate PPI terms should also be provided and the amounts stated separately for the loan and the PPI. :thumb:

I'm sure I have not received a Notice of Assignment but not 100%. I am pretty organized with my paperwork and have all the letters from the various companies that have been writing to me and there is no paperwork with them.

The original collection agency that this was first handed to was Metropolitan Collection Services and that's who still take my payment. I was also confused when MKDP/MKRR said that they had been sold my debt from HSBC as I was dealing with Metropolitan but later I found out that Metropolitan are a HSBC company.

Many thanks!
                            In view of the above, it is possible that your account has never really been sold, just assigned for collection. Send the CCA request to whoever is chasing you, if it's not the original creditor (HSBC), there's a version of the letter that has an extra paragraph, in case the DCA claims not to be the creditor:

Dear Sirs​Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX

I hereby formally request a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement, pursuant to s.77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974).​

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties. Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b), 6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).​

The OFT has stipulated that 'sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 outline the information creditors must provide to debtors under fixed-term, running account & Hire Agreements'. Under these sections a debtor can pay £1 to get:
                            • a copy of their agreement
                            • copies of some of the other documents mentioned in their agreement
                            • a statement of account

If this information is not provided within 12 working days the debt becomes unenforceable. This means a creditor cannot:
                            • make the debtor pay the debt before they're supposed to
                            • get a court judgment against the debtor

In line with the above, please find attached my £1 payment, which is the statutory fee - note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose. I look forward to hearing from you within the statutory time limit (12 + 2 days).​

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Further to post #52 above, it would appear that this mob have bought the outstanding debts of the liquidated companies.

Not surprising; they were all in the same Milton Keynes building!
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hello again and thank you very much for the information.

I will send a CAA request as advised but just a little confused regarding the extra paragraph. Should this be included in my initial letter that I will be sending to Keynes Collections? I'm sorry if that's a silly question?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X