Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MKRR - What do we know about them?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default MKRR - What do we know about them?

It seems quite a few victims of Welcome Finance are starting to hear from a company calling themselves MKRR (Milton Keynes Rapid Recoveries). All I know (or more properly, suspect) at the moment is, they are something to do with this lot...

TRADEPRO OPERATIONS LIMITED
    TRADEPRO HOUSE
    SEEBECK PLACE KNOWLHILL
    MILTON KEYNES
    BUCKINGHAMSHIRE
    MK5 8FR
    Company No. 04746414

No company number of their own, so I guess they maybe don't need a credit licence themselves. Hmm.

It would appear that their initial contact is by phone. And that they MAY be in the business of buying debt from Welcome Financial, rather than simply acting as collection agents. It also seems that they are in the habit of describing themselves as BAILIFFS.

So far, I don't know of any instances where they have sent a Notice of Assignment. But then, folks like Cabot tend to only produce those out of thin air when challenged, so it's not unusual to be confused by an intimidating phone call out of the blue. :tinysmile_hmm_t:

If anybody knows anything more about them, please feel free to fill in as many blanks as possible.

I'm just wondering if this is the start of the final slide into oblivion before Cattles/Welcome goes into administration.
    Last edited by LuggerBugs; 6th August 2010 at 17:20:PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: MKRR - What do we know about them?

I bet MKRR are simply the inhouse monkeys for Tradepro, who, incidentally, are these guys : TradePro
    Last edited by Curlyben; 25th August 2010 at 10:01:AM.
    Have fun, I'm done..

Laterz

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

REALLY???? Now why would a company that deals in fuel cards to business users, be getting involved with buying debt?

I'm REALLY confused now.

I really do suspect something dodgy going on.

Oh, looky...

Last edited by LuggerBugs; 6th August 2010 at 15:17:PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Might simply be a case of them buying up the Welcome portfolio, with everything that entails.
    Have fun, I'm done..

Laterz

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I suspect they will be in for a massive shock then. I don't really think they will be geared up to deal with the flood of CCA request and SAR's that will be heading their way.

Feck me, they can't even get an NoA out for the few they've so far acquired!!!

The CCA 1974 (plus amendments) is going to be totally new territory for them, since they are B2B. I notice they are registered with the CSA though, so once the complaints start pouring in about them, I feel we need to get everybody to direct their wrath at the lovely Claire Ainsley. She'll sort them out. Or rather, will ask them if they have been naughty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Not much but after looking up trade pro I will keep my eyes open
    Link above did not work for me not sure why

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I've just done an in depth check on both of them MKRR doesn't show up at all, but Tradepro do, their credit rating has dropped from 32/100 to 22/100 overnight. They have 4 mortgages on the company £24m. Their director is a James Roy Clarke, an American with 31 present appointments.

Here's the list (hmmmm wonder if a name or two is familiar or am I just putting two and two together and making five).

Active appointments:

Temple Finance Ltd
    KRS Finance Ltd
    CDC Debt Collection Ltd
    Tradepro Finance Ltd
    Tradepro Operations Ltd
    Tradepro Card Services Ltd
    Key Retirement Solutions Ltd
    Equity Release Assured Ltd
    More 2 Life Asset SPV 2 Ltd
    KRS Investment Holdings Ltd
    More 2 Life Ltd
    KRS Services Ltd
    Cabot Square Capital Advisers Ltd
    More 2 Life SPV 1 Ltd
    KRS Group Ltd
    Perfect Home Finance Ltd
    Temple Retail Ltd
    Perfect Home Holdings Ltd
    Oakam Ltd
    Key Partnerships Ltd

Companies dissolved or not trading:

Cabot Square Investment
    Shartar Ltd
    Oakam Finance Ltd
    Cabot Square Ltd
    Cabot Services Ltd
    Cabot Finance Ltd
    Cabot Square Capital GP Ltd
    Cabot Square Capital Partners Ltd
    Oakam Broking Ltd
    Oakam Holdings Ltd
    POLITE NOTICE: FOR YOUR PROTECTION AND MINE I DO NOT GIVE ADVICE VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE, ANY ADVICE I MAY GIVE IS DONE FREELY AND WITHOUT LIABILITY, IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS, PLEASE CONSULT A FULLY QUALIFIED AND INSURED PROFESSIONAL.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LuggerBugs View Post
    It seems quite a few victims of Welcome Finance are starting to hear from a company calling themselves MKRR (Milton Keynes Rapid Recoveries). All I know (or more properly, suspect) at the moment is, they are something to do with this lot...

TRADEPRO OPERATIONS LIMITED
    TRADEPRO HOUSE
    SEEBECK PLACE KNOWLHILL
    MILTON KEYNES
    BUCKINGHAMSHIRE
    MK5 8FR
    Company No. 04746414

No company number of their own, so I guess they maybe don't need a credit licence themselves. Hmm.

It would appear that their initial contact is by phone. And that they MAY be in the business of buying debt from Welcome Financial, rather than simply acting as collection agents. It also seems that they are in the habit of describing themselves as BAILIFFS.

So far, I don't know of any instances where they have sent a Notice of Assignment. But then, folks like Cabot tend to only produce those out of thin air when challenged, so it's not unusual to be confused by an intimidating phone call out of the blue. :tinysmile_hmm_t:

If anybody knows anything more about them, please feel free to fill in as many blanks as possible.

I'm just wondering if this is the start of the final slide into oblivion before Cattles/Welcome goes into administration.
    This company is also linked to Willen collections (who operate from the same address) and is a member of the CSA.The company is also known as MKDP LLP and has a number of affiliates.They are in the business of purchasing debts from whom ever they can and do not comply with the OFT or CSA guidlines.
    Update on licence number: 632091
    Last edited by Jacobite; 14th August 2011 at 14:18:PM. Reason: additional information

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi all, I've been contacted by MKRR about a debt from Welcome Finance that was taken out in 2005, the car was repossessed in 2007 as I was unable to make payments after losing my job, I also lost my home. MKRR have contacted me saying that I owe them over £14,000. I do not have that money to pay them, I also dont think I should pay that for a car that was reposessed. Does anyone have any advice....please it will help me an awful lot...thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

A good start would be to send them a Prove It letter. If they prove their right to collect the debt satisfactorily, then send a CCA request and see what comes back (they have 14 working days in which to respond to this request). After this, we'll see what happens.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Angry Re: MKRR - What do we know about them?

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
    I've just done an in depth check on both of them MKRR doesn't show up at all, but Tradepro do, their credit rating has dropped from 32/100 to 22/100 overnight. They have 4 mortgages on the company £24m. Their director is a James Roy Clarke, an American with 31 present appointments.

Here's the list (hmmmm wonder if a name or two is familiar or am I just putting two and two together and making five).

Active appointments:

Temple Finance Ltd
    KRS Finance Ltd
    CDC Debt Collection Ltd
    Tradepro Finance Ltd
    Tradepro Operations Ltd
    Tradepro Card Services Ltd
    Key Retirement Solutions Ltd
    Equity Release Assured Ltd
    More 2 Life Asset SPV 2 Ltd
    KRS Investment Holdings Ltd
    More 2 Life Ltd
    KRS Services Ltd
    Cabot Square Capital Advisers Ltd
    More 2 Life SPV 1 Ltd
    KRS Group Ltd
    Perfect Home Finance Ltd
    Temple Retail Ltd
    Perfect Home Holdings Ltd
    Oakam Ltd
    Key Partnerships Ltd

Companies dissolved or not trading:

Cabot Square Investment
    Shartar Ltd
    Oakam Finance Ltd
    Cabot Square Ltd
    Cabot Services Ltd
    Cabot Finance Ltd
    Cabot Square Capital GP Ltd
    Cabot Square Capital Partners Ltd
    Oakam Broking Ltd
    Oakam Holdings Ltd
    They also go under the names as follows:MKDP,Raven Recoveries.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Just got a letter from these monkeys apparently acting on behalf of MKDP for an alleged debt assigned from Nationwide. Apparently they have bought ALL of the respective rights, title and interest in respect of this.

No company number listed on their threatomatic however they give a partnership number of OC 349372 (WTF!!!!!) and a CCL Number of632121

Let the games commence

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ODC View Post
    Just got a letter from these monkeys apparently acting on behalf of MKDP for an alleged debt assigned from Nationwide. Apparently they have bought ALL of the respective rights, title and interest in respect of this.

No company number listed on their threatomatic however they give a partnership number of OC 349372 (WTF!!!!!) and a CCL Number of632121

Let the games commence
    I partnership number is a company number that is only given to Limited liability partnership (LLP), instead of a company number per se that is generally given to LTD or Limited companies.

Company Details

Name & Registered Office:
    MKDP LLP
    TRADE PRO HOUSE SEEBECK PLACE
    KNOWLHILL
    MILTON KEYNES
    BUCKINGHAMSHIRE
    MK5 8FR
    Company No. OC349372

Date of Incorporation: 16/10/2009

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
    Company Type: Limited Liability Partnership
    Nature of Business (SIC):
    None Supplied
    Accounting Reference Date: 30/06
    Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/06/2010 (FULL)
    Next Accounts Due: 31/03/2012
    Last Return Made Up To: 16/10/2010
    Next Return Due: 13/11/2011
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

They have done me a favour by buying this as they certainly will not be receiving any phone calls from me
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    We are an approachable, compassionate company that understands the difficulties our clients may be having in repaying their debts and we are here to help them get back on track by agreeing affordable, structured repayment plans or final settlements.
    We never judge our clients based on their personal situation (or how they got there) and make every effort to help them get their finances back in order.
    If a customer ignores their situation, it will only get worse. We therefore listen to and act upon what our clients tell us in order to help them face their situation and deal with it in a positive and constructive manner. We aim to show our clients that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter what, and by working with us to tackle it face on they will be able resolve the situation and get back to enjoying the more important things in life.
    Last edited by ODC; 1st November 2011 at 10:33:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Doesn't get worse for the debtor if you ignore them - get's worse for their profit forecast more so!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I've just done a Credit Search on them they rate 58/100, no CCJ's against them either. If you want anymore info give me a shout.
    POLITE NOTICE: FOR YOUR PROTECTION AND MINE I DO NOT GIVE ADVICE VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE, ANY ADVICE I MAY GIVE IS DONE FREELY AND WITHOUT LIABILITY, IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS, PLEASE CONSULT A FULLY QUALIFIED AND INSURED PROFESSIONAL.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mr.ton View Post
    Doesn't get worse for the debtor if you ignore them - get's worse for their profit forecast more so!
    Don't worry mate. They won't be getting a ha'penny from me. I won't even be acknowledging their presence. Once I get bored then I will hit them with the paperwork. The so called assignment letter from the Nationwide contains the same matrix code as their threatomatic. Oursoles.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi Guys and Gals re MKRR, i have a rather nasty issue with them and was wondering if anyone has any advice. I received a letter from them regarding a debt I had with Welcome Finance, I believe they have either bought the debt or are acting on their behalf. When Welcome collapsed I did not bother to repay anything as I was hoping I would be lucky to get away with it, god loves a trier!! So I got a letter a few months ago regarding the debt saying I now owed them it. I disputed the debt but they sent me a copy of the original form. Also to my horror they have placed a default on my credit report for over £6K!!!!! They never wrote to me advising they now have ownership of the debt nor did they send me a default notice. So I am disputing everything and demanding they remove this from my file asap! Does anyone have any advice as to how I can get this done or have any other unpleasant issues with MKRR to help me in my case?

Thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Sadly a lot of debtors are having serious difficulties with MKRR and Welcome at the moment.

What have you actually done so far regarding them contacting you? Have you sent anything to them or the CRA's? Anything further you can tell us would be helpful.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I have written to MKRR asking for a true signed copy of the default notice as well as a letter stating MKRR now own the debt and a deed of assignment. None of which have been sent to me yet. My arguement to MKRR is

1) I never received any statements from Welcome or MKRR regarding the loan
    2) I received no documentation from MKRR that they are now owners of any debt and payment should be made to them.
    3) Never received a deed of assignment which i asked for.
    4) No default notice received from MKRR
    5) They wrote to me advising the account was handed to them on the 05/03/10, yet the default registered on my credit file was made on the 02/01/10. So therefore how can they place a default on my account when they did not have ownership for another two months!!

Its all very fishy and I have demanded they remove the default asap or I will go to the FO and the OFT.

So, what do you think? Do I have a case and do you think they will have to remove it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I have written to MKRR asking for a true signed copy of the default notice as well as a letter stating MKRR now own the debt and a deed of assignment. None of which have been sent to me yet. My arguement to MKRR is

1) I never received any statements from Welcome or MKRR regarding the loan You should be sent at minimum an annual statement of account. A SAR would get you statements.
    2) I received no documentation from MKRR that they are now owners of any debt and payment should be made to them. You should have received a Notice of Assignment.
    3) Never received a deed of assignment which i asked for. You will only get the Deed by going through the courts using CPR31.
    4) No default notice received from MKRR You should definitely have received this.
    5) They wrote to me advising the account was handed to them on the 05/03/10, yet the default registered on my credit file was made on the 02/01/10. So therefore how can they place a default on my account when they did not have ownership for another two months!!Sounds as though the OC defaulted you before passing it to MKRR. The DN should therefore be from the OC.

Its all very fishy and I have demanded they remove the default asap or I will go to the FO and the OFT.

So, what do you think? Do I have a case and do you think they will have to remove it?

TBH if you owe the money I don't think they'll remove it. Remember you can put personal notes against your credit file, and also, if this is the only thing stopping you getting credit, you can write explanations to companies who turn you down explaining and asking them to reconsider. My guess however, is if you were using Welcome, then this is not the only debt.

They are under no obligation to send copies of what you have requested unless you send a formal SAR. Even then you have almost no chance of getting the actual Deed of Assignment from them.

I do believe you're right making them work to prove things though before you hand over a penny to them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Lol - make them work then!

http://www.langleys.com/Services/Ins...NTIAL-(1).aspx

The case of Croft House Care Ltd, Orchard Home Care Ltd and Kelly Park Caring Agency v Durham City Council (2010) involved a dispute over the disclosure of commercial or business sensitive information. The Claimants brought proceedings against the Council for breaches of a procurement process. The Council did not want to disclose commercially sensitive data provided by tenderers and did not want to disclose information which would prejudice the Council’s ability to re-run the procurement process in the future. The High Court held that when balancing the confidentiality rights of third parties against the necessity of documents to be provided for the purpose of a fair Trial, the tender documents should be disclosed. It was found that the data went directly to the pleaded case.

I still reckon that you have a legal right to see proof of ownership of the assignment!
    Article 6, HRA kicks in, surely?
    (AKA NOBBY!)

This is only my opinion - "
    Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks for the reply and helpful information. On my credit file it states that MKRR are the company who have defaulted me though, there is nothing by anyone else. Eveything else on my report is up to date / settled so I am rather upset that this has appeared and effectively ruined my credit. The channels I am trying to work at are that due to no notifications from MKRR they have not played a fair case and this should be removed. However from your response it seems that I may have little chance of the default being removed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default removals are possible. There's a poster on here called The Debt Star who I haven't seen around for a while, but he was quite successful in getting defaults removed. I do remember him saying it takes a vast amount of persistence though, and you may well need to go through the ICO etc... to get anything done. Even then there is no guarantee. Keep fighting if you think an injustice has been done, and we'll help all we can, but don't expect it to be quick.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks for this! I will update this area when MKRR reply to my letter which was recently posted to them!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast