• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

befuddled Vs Blackhorse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• befuddled Vs Blackhorse

Hi all, i am looking for some advice re ppi reclaims. I have in the past successfully reclaimed bankcharges and have only recently discovered i have paid ppi which was not any good to me. I have read lots but must say i find it very confusing (hence the name). I have contacted a third party company who explained it was difficlut to reclaim ppi....however thought i would start a little research and i came back here as you guys helped me in the past.
    My problem is this (amongst others) please bear with me i usually get there in the end :tinysmile_hmm_t2: i have paid ppi on two loans which were both settled early, what can i reclaim here? and do i reclaim the total charge for credit orthe payment protection plan premium....i apologise in advance if this seems a stupid question....but hey all questions are difficult if you dont know the answer
    many thanks
    an old friend ( well not old!)

Re: befuddled Vs Blackhorse

The CMC WOULD say its difficult - they want you to pay them to do it !

The Financial Ombudsman have a specific form for complaining about PPI - so use that as a basis and complain first to the bank, the to the FOS.

The reclaim will be the PPI premium, plus the interest paid on it, plus any broker fee/commission on the PPI, if its all set out nice and clearly on your agreement then should be quite easy to work out, then they can argue it if they want.

Will get link to the FOS stuff.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

standard documentation for PPI complaints

designed to encourage more efficient, co-ordinated and consistent handling of PPI complaints across the financial services industry
      That link above, and have a look at the posts I've pasted from the PPI forum below.

Sticky: PPI claims through the FOS
      Amethyst
      15th July 2009 13:15:PM
      by Amethyst
      0 1,055 Sticky: PPI Notes - PLEASE READ FIRST
      Paule
      28th February 2009 16:58:PM
      by Paule
      1 1,884 Sticky: PPI Preliminary Letter
      Paule
      28th February 2009 16:57:PM
      by Paule
      3 1,693 Sticky: PPI Letter Before Action
      Paule
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

many thanks.

Comment

I have read the templates...im still very confused...but hey im sure i will learn as i go...so nice to see so many old faces here

Comment

Hi again, still cant find the information i need could anyone clarify for me as stated on agreement:

amount of credit(payment protection plan premium) £6229.58
            monthly repayments £86.84
            Total charge for credit £4191.22
            total amount payable £10420.80
            Im sorry if this seems really stupid but im not sure what i should be claiming back and please can you tell me do i have to deduct any sums of money because i repaid the loan early?
            thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi, just to clarify, when did you
              A) Take the loan out, date and actual amount you applied for
              B) Was the PPI, a one off fee, or taken as a monthly premium, if a one off fee how much
              C) When did you pay the loan off

will try to help
              moon-shadow
              Last edited by moon-shadow; 27th July 2010, 18:44:PM. Reason: mis-type

Comment

Hi moon-shadow, sorry for delay, i am relclaiming ppi on two loans 1st loan:
                04/11/2004 £15,000, ppi monthly premium £63.79 loan paid off 07/06/2005
                2nd loan:1/6/2005 £19,800, ppi monthly premium £86.84 loan paid off 05/07/2006
                Many thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by befuddled View Post
                  Hi all, i am looking for some advice re ppi reclaims. I have in the past successfully reclaimed bankcharges and have only recently discovered i have paid ppi which was not any good to me. I have read lots but must say i find it very confusing (hence the name). I have contacted a third party company who explained it was difficlut to reclaim ppi....however thought i would start a little research and i came back here as you guys helped me in the past.
                  My problem is this (amongst others) please bear with me i usually get there in the end :tinysmile_hmm_t2: i have paid ppi on two loans which were both settled early, what can i reclaim here? and do i reclaim the total charge for credit orthe payment protection plan premium....i apologise in advance if this seems a stupid question....but hey all questions are difficult if you dont know the answer
                  many thanks
                  an old friend ( well not old!)

hi befuddled you can claim both of them mate
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  hi befuddled you can claim both of them but do it quickly its going to change
                  Last edited by stickman; 10th August 2010, 09:27:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X