• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Associates gold card - 1st Credit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Associates gold card - 1st Credit

Hi we have an outstanding debt with this card, which is now with 1st credit.
    The orginal card was for £3000.00, the debt was for 3659.00 over the years we have paid 3000.00 leaving a balance of 659.00 which 1st credit are chasing us for now. But its on hold as 1st cr have through my instructions requested a list of charges or statements for this account. This was nearly 4 months ago, I really think this figure equates to the charges etc on this account but dont seem to be getting any where fast, has anyone got any suggestions. I originally sent sar off to citi but they have no information as debt was sold on. Just dont know wher to go on this now, surely if there is an amount still owing someone somewhere should still have details of this account. Any help would be very grateful.

Re: Associates gold card

I think you could well be onto something with the charges etc.
    Citi DO have an obligation to supply the information requested under your SAR and they are simply dodging their duties.

Are 1st still demanding payment or are have they put this on hold awaiting this information ?

Comment

Re: Associates gold card - 1st Credit

Refer Citi to the ICO, and if 1st Credit are demanding payment despite a SAR request to Citi, then report 1st Credit to the OFT and Consumer Direct.

Have 1st Credit fulfilled a CCA request? I bet they haven't and I'd put good money on it that they can't.

Despite the SAR to Citi, a CCA request to 1st Credit might be a good way of getting 1st Credit off your back (it would need to be sent Recorded Delivery, with no signatures provided by you).

Comment

To be fair 1st credit have put this on hold awaiting reply for statements etc, so not chasing money but dont know how long they will wait. Have got statement from 1st but only goes back to when the bought the debt. Can i ask who is the ICO and what do i put x

Comment

ICO - Information Commission Ombudsman.

So Citi are clearly shirking their legal responsibilities here.

Comment

Yes it seems like it, what would you suggest i say to 1st credit about them not sending information, citi i mean. x

Comment

Originally posted by woodymeg View Post
              Can i ask who is the ICO
              Data Protection and Freedom of Information Advice - Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)

"The Information Commissioner’s Office is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals"

Comment

Just spoke to 1st credit and still no news from citi, they originally requested info on 22.4.2010, so they have had enough time i think. I know what excuse they will come up with is that it is an old associate acount so cant find info, so think i am going to report them now.

Comment

Please, STOP talking to these "people" on the phone.
                  EVERYTHING in writing !!!

Comment

Agreed. No more phone calls to DCAs - they'll tell you things on the phone they wouldn't dare put into writing.

Writing cuts out any confusions or doubts, and there's a traceable audit trail to boot. If any DCA or Citi phone again, refuse to continue the discussion - no matter what they try to say.

Comment

ok point taken thankyou x whats my next plan off action, should i write to citi saying im going to report them to ico if they dont send the information i have asked for.

Comment

A reminder of their obligations under Data protection Act would be a starter, with the sting being a report being filed with ICO and Aunty Mable..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X