• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Did a SAR on Credit Card TSB

Sent a reply saying under CND Regs they do not have to send me a copy of signed agreement.

see the attachement....please let me know if you cannot see the attachment..I am a newbie and still find my way around this fab place
    :beagle:My debt help and support thread

Re: LLOYds TSNB Credit Card

For god's sake, why are they still churning out this bovine excrement.

In English what this means is they can't find your actual agreement.

Throw this at them

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE
    Dear Sir/Madam
    Thank you for your letter of DATE, the contents of which have been noted.
    With regards to your recent reply to my request under section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
    I note that you have replied to the above by sending a copy of an unsigned agreement, I must inform you that this is not sufficient to comply with the request and that your company is still in default under the act.

I understand that under section 3 (b) of SI 1983 /1557 you may omit the signature box from the copy , I would point out that not having the original document it would to be impossible to verify the validity of such a document as an exact copy.
    I therefore would suggest that a true copy including my signature be sent. If I am unable to verify the authenticity of the document the terms of Consumer Credit Act 1974 section 78 have not been met and the timescale for production of the documentation would still apply.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I await your rapid response.
    Yours Faithfully,

Comment

Re: LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Recd Letter today from BLS.... saying seven day reply or will go for a CCJ, Baliffis Attachment of Earnings or Charging order against my home.

BLS are internal as the PO BOX no is the same as the address...very strange....no response to my CCA request to bank only a Computer one and not my orginal one.

Advice welcome
      :beagle:My debt help and support thread

Comment

If you've made a SAR request, then yes they do.

If they're saying they don't, this must mean they don't have it and can't get it - which, in effect, means you don't have to pay them.

Comment

Normal Bovine Excrement from the threat monkeys. File it under I

Comment

i dont think that it follows that litigation would follow a s77/79 request for a true copy of the agreement.

the act permits the ommission of the signatures and signature boxes from the true copy supplied therefore i doubt that it could be argued that until they provided the true copy with your signature- that they have failed to comply

If one takes the true copy back in time - a true copy may have been a handwritted document and the person producing it would cleary be unable to re produce the signatures that were on the original document

I think the law has now also accepted and ruled that for a quid- you aint gonna get the creditor to send his runner to the airfield bunker in khazakstahn to dig out the original agreement in order to comply with a s77/79 request

Comment

Why not runner could have a holiday whilst there? um

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X