• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newlyn Bailiff Fees - but bailiff didn't visit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newlyn Bailiff Fees - but bailiff didn't visit

Hope someone can help me. A couple of months ago my daughter received a letter (she no longer lives with me) I opened it in error as I do not usually receive post for her. It was a warrant of execution for a parking fine. I immediately paid it on-line to the council - I had not received any other post on this matter. Along with the warrant of execution was a separate letter from Newlyns stating BAILIFF REMOVAL AMOUNT DUE £320 & ASSOCIATED COSTS then went on to say a van would be operating in my area etc. I spoke to Newlyns and confirmed I had paid the penalty charge for my daughter and asked about the fees and they went on to tell me bailiffs had visited on 3 occasions.

I have managed to get the dates, one visit was apparently charged even though they could not find the address. I absolutely know I was at home, my husband was working at home and my son was home from Uni. Nobody called at my house and if they had I have argued they should have left paperwork. They have refused to give me the names of the apparent bailiffs as I have said if they did call they should have left sealed paperwork (as confirmed to me by 3 of their bailiffs) I have confirmed to Newlyns I want to put in an official complaint to the court.

The council are saying they believe the bailiffs called, I am adament they did not and am willing to go to court. I believe they are phantom visits, all they will confirm are the dates (although they have admitted they will not charge me for the visit where they could not find the address) and that the visit was in daylight hours.

I keep getting paperwork from them and they have also sent me another copy of the warrant of execution, even though this was paid as soon as I received it.

As the penalty charge was paid has the bailiff any rights to chase me for the fees.

Re: Newlyn Bailiff Fees - but bailiff didn't visit

As the debt is not yours there is not a lot they can do, to be perfectly frank with you, but I think you should write to them and tell them this and also tell them that they must stop harassing you for payment.

A bailiff charging for work that he has not carried out, is fraud. Have a search around the bailiff forum for more information, but in the first instance, have a read of this thread JBW Group Baliffs and Parking Fine - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum and in particular of post #4.

Comment

Thank you Amy I have read the thread you posted. I have already written to them and seem to have got standard letter back, I don't want to get into too much correspondence with them but as stated above they are refusing to give me the name of the 'apparent bailiff' that attended the premises. Also marked their letter 'without prejudice'.

On your advice then I will write one more, do you think then that any more notices I get from them I should just post back to them?

Comment

Originally posted by doo View Post
        On your advice then I will write one more, do you think then that any more notices I get from them I should just post back to them?
        I think this is the right thing to do. Tell them that you are not prepared to enter into any further correspondence with them and see what they do next.

Comment

Hi,

Exactly the same has happened to me - they say they visited my property on 3 seperate occasions. There was no one in the house and they say they left letters by hand - However, the first letter I received was one for the total amount which arrived after all the phantom 'visits'.

How did you get one? Can any one help?

many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Southernertim View Post
            Hi,

Exactly the same has happened to me - they say they visited my property on 3 seperate occasions. There was no one in the house and they say they left letters by hand - However, the first letter I received was one for the total amount which arrived after all the phantom 'visits'.

How did you get one? Can any one help?

many thanks.
            I have recieved threatening letters from them too and am terrified they will take my stuff. I dont have enough money to pay them what. they want dont know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by pattylou69 View Post
              I have recieved threatening letters from them too and am terrified they will take my stuff. I dont have enough money to pay them what. they want dont know what to do.
              It may well be better to start your own thread, and post up details so Beagles can offer best assistance, you can use this one i have started for you here if you wish
              http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...newthread&f=76

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X