• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reclaiming from Nationwide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming from Nationwide

I have been involved in a long dispute (over 15 months) with Nationwide who did not allow our joint account go overdrawn - except to fund their charges!

Having lost patience with them in March I issued a Money Claim Online Claim against them for £1,900 + and interest at the end of April. They doid not reply so I had a Judgement for £2,142.87 entered against them at the end of May.

Their Lawyers (Eversheds) have now written to the Court saying it was an administrative error as they entered a (standard) defence in early May and the Judgement should be set aside.

The Court has sent us an Allocation Questioinaire which we will return before going on leave tomorrow.

I would like to enter an amended Claim - but am worried that as the account did not go overdrawn, can I use the Consumer Credit Act in the Claim as indicated by Moneysavingexperts in their revised guidance?

Declan

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X