• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Natwest:- letter incorrect name and wrong address (my elderly parents)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest:- letter incorrect name and wrong address (my elderly parents)

Natwest sent a letter with my incorrect name and to a wrong address (my elderly parents). The letter was opened.

Within the letter was personal financial information including:
    • Account number
    • Sort Code
    • Transaction details
    • Amounts

How does the Data Protection Act impact what has happened?

Look forward to replies. Cheers

Re: Natwest:- letter incorrect name and wrong address (my elderly parents)

Originally posted by bankproblem View Post
    Natwest sent a letter with my incorrect name and to a wrong address (my elderly parents). The letter was opened.

Within the letter was personal financial information including:
    • Account number
    • Sort Code
    • Transaction details
    • Amounts

How does the Data Protection Act impact what has happened?

Look forward to replies. Cheers
    It doesn't since the letter was opened by your parents when it was not intended to be seen by them.

Comment

The complication is however that the letter on had the Inital not the full first name; I share the same initial with my Dad for the first name.
      He is also a customer of Natwest.
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
      It doesn't since the letter was opened by your parents when it was not intended to be seen by them.
      The complication is however that the letter on had the Inital not the full first name; I share the same initial with my Dad for the first name.
      Last edited by bankproblem; 5th June 2010, 17:51:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

I think you need to clarify with NatWest whether they have the correct address for your account. Once you know that then you can possibly tackle them with regards to a DPA breach.

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
          I think you need to clarify with NatWest whether they have the correct address for your account. Once you know that then you can possibly tackle them with regards to a DPA breach.

Hi, yes Natwest do have correct address. All my correspondence went to my new address.

Comment

Hi, yes Natwest do have correct address. All my correspondence went to my new address.
            Ask them why that specific piece of mail was sent to the wrong address.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X