• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A new fight with a new opponent...Mackenzie Hall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new fight with a new opponent...Mackenzie Hall

Greetings fellow reprobates, yes I am back again. Once again some stupid organisation feels that they can intimidate me.....PRATS!!!!! So, let's start from the beginning shall we? To those who know my fiery temper, then you will not be suprised that I am rubbing my hands with glee and relish at the opportunity of bashing the living crap out some retarded bunch of miscreants who are under the impression that because they have my details they can bully me...Yeah, right! Like that is ever going to happen in this life time? NOT!!!! and to those who have not got to know me yet, then cover your ears, because I swear a lot and I make no *******g apologies for it what so ever!!!!!!!!

So, back to the job in hand. Two weeks ago I received a letter from a company called Mackenzie Hall. Now this letter said I had to contact them urgently blah, blah, blah. So, not knowing who they were I did some research on them. It turns out they are a company who buy old debts and then try to intimidate the hell out of you for the money. Now knowing this and knowing that I do not have any debt apart from a credit card which is in dispute. I thought this would need a little more research.
    So, I called them up and gave them the reference number. Now I know my rights thanks to this site and some others. So I was armed to the teeth, plus being the complete ******* that I am I thought I would have some fun as well!!!!
    This is the conversation verbatim:

"Good morning Mackenzie Hall, how may I help you?".
    "Reference number XXXXXXX".
    "Is that Mr. XXXXXX".
    "It could be, then again it may not...I will have to check with control to make sure that I am not in breach of the Official Secrets Act."
    "Errrr...All I need to know sir is if you are Mr. XXXXX?".
    "As I said I could be, but then I might not be. Can you verify that you are security cleared and that you are willing to answer some questions about yourself?".
    "Mr.XXXXX can you please just verify, that is all I am asking."
    "Who let you know where I was hiding?"
    "Errrr....we got your name from the electoral register...."
    "Damn those *******s, now they will all be coming for me. I'll have to call control and get him to get me out of here and put me in another safe house!"
    "Mr. XXXXX, please just verify the details."
    "Who sent you after me? Give me there name, I'll have to put a contract out on them...You say nothing son, do you hear me? Nothing! This situation could get out of hand!!! Do you have a safe place to hide?"
    "Look, unless you verify your details I can not say who our client is because of the Data protection act. If you would just verify our details, then I will tell you."
    "Can't do that. The data protection act works both ways and now I have to go back into hiding."
    "Hiding?"
    "Haven't you heard a word I have said? My cover is blown, I have to call control. Do you know what you have done?"
    "Look Mr. XXXXX if you don't verify then the courts will be involved."
    "You're trying to make me a target aren't you?"
    And with that he hung up.....well you have to have some fun in life!!!!

So today I received another letter in the post, but I didn't feel like playing today, so I called them and gave them my details. Again the conversation verbatim:

"Is that Mr. XXXXXX".
    "Correct."
    "Can I have the first line of your address?"
    "XXXXXXXXXXXX"
    "That's fine. Mr. XXXXX, you have an outstanding debt of £157 for a Barclay card. The account was closed in 1997."
    BINGO!!!!!!
    "Oh, that's funny as the last Barclay's account I had was closed in 1988 and didn't owe them a thing."
    "Well a company called the Lyle group has been trying to contact since 1997...."
    "No they haven't and I don't owe £157. So, let me tell you what happens next shall I? I would like to point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 "an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued" Further more... The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that "continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statue barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970".
    ......the phone went quiet........
    "Well they say they did try to contact you at XXXXXXXXXXX."
    "No they did not and as such this debt that I never had is now statute barred anyway!"
    "I'll have to get back to my client Mr.XXXXXX. I don't know if you will be hearing from us again or not."
    He then put the phone down.

Now after reading up on these nasty little *******s, I have found this to be a tactic of theirs... this is when they start harassing you. Now I know that I have no debt with Barclays and I don't owe £157. Their next tactic will be to send me a letter demanding money. So, watch this space, because I am going to enjoy humiliating them!!!!!!
    :devil:

Re: A new fight with a new opponent...Mackenzie Hall

Oh i love it msl: my kind of guy or gal

Kind-a done similar myself....lots of fun.
    Now the reason they will carry on contacting you is because they have confirmation that the name & address they have, matches a real person.

Reason: A few underhand debt collectors send out letters, I think they call it blanket coverage, to everyone with the same name. If they are chasing a debt from a Mr A Smith in the midlands area, they will blanket that area to all MR A Smiths in the Midlands.
    Trading Standards are aware of this and new enforcement legislation is / has been introduced to combat this action.

They play the percentage game, at least one of the Mr A Smiths is gonna ring them and pay the money. The ******g *****S ***s

Comment

Well, now they have me to contend with!!!!! Bring it on!!!!

Comment

Welcome 'the phoenix' and to you 'crisbian'. :kiss:

And now I know why I wanted to be the mod for the Debt Forum, oh happy days, this forum is going to be such fun. The threads on debt are nearly always so comical. msl:
        Anyway great to have you aboard between us we can drive the DCA's bonkers. I've got a few on the go and shall post them up very soon.

sapphire

Comment

Welcome back crisbian.....

well that post just sums you up...keep us up to date hun.

and i know where to come for any nice letters i may need writing.

mistie xxx

Comment

Brilliant Crisbian Brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by crisbian View Post
              Greetings fellow reprobates, yes I am back again. Once again some stupid organisation feels that they can intimidate me.....PRATS!!!!! So, let's start from the beginning shall we? To those who know my fiery temper, then you will not be suprised that I am rubbing my hands with glee and relish at the opportunity of bashing the living crap out some retarded bunch of miscreants who are under the impression that because they have my details they can bully me...Yeah, right! Like that is ever going to happen in this life time? NOT!!!! and to those who have not got to know me yet, then cover your ears, because I swear a lot and I make no *******g apologies for it what so ever!!!!!!!!

So, back to the job in hand. Two weeks ago I received a letter from a company called Mackenzie Hall. Now this letter said I had to contact them urgently blah, blah, blah. So, not knowing who they were I did some research on them. It turns out they are a company who buy old debts and then try to intimidate the hell out of you for the money. Now knowing this and knowing that I do not have any debt apart from a credit card which is in dispute. I thought this would need a little more research.
              So, I called them up and gave them the reference number. Now I know my rights thanks to this site and some others. So I was armed to the teeth, plus being the complete ******* that I am I thought I would have some fun as well!!!!
              This is the conversation verbatim:

"Is that Mr. XXXXXX".
              "It could be, then again it may not...I will have to check with control to make sure that I am not in breach of the Official Secrets Act."
              "Errrr...All I need to know sir is if you are Mr. XXXXX?".
              "As I said I could be, but then I might not be. Can you verify that you are security cleared and that you are willing to answer some questions about yourself?".
              "Mr.XXXXX can you please just verify, that is all I am asking."
              "Who let you know where I was hiding?"
              "Errrr....we got your name from the electoral register...."
              "Damn those *******s, now they will all be coming for me. I'll have to call control and get him to get me out of here and put me in another safe house!"
              "Mr. XXXXX, please just verify the details."
              "Who sent you after me? Give me there name, I'll have to put a contract out on them...You say nothing son, do you hear me? Nothing! This situation could get out of hand!!! Do you have a safe place to hide?"
              "Look, unless you verify your details I can not say who our client is because of the Data protection act. If you would just verify our details, then I will tell you."
              "Can't do that. The data protection act works both ways and now I have to go back into hiding."
              "Hiding?"
              "Haven't you heard a word I have said? My cover is blown, I have to call control. Do you know what you have done?"
              "Look Mr. XXXXX if you don't verify then the courts will be involved."
              "You're trying to make me a target aren't you?"
              And with that he hung up.....well you have to have some fun in life!!!!

So today I received another letter in the post, but I didn't feel like playing today, so I called them and gave them my details. Again the conversation verbatim:

"Is that Mr. XXXXXX".
              "Correct."
              "Can I have the first line of your address?"
              "XXXXXXXXXXXX"
              "That's fine. Mr. XXXXX, you have an outstanding debt of £157 for a Barclay card. The account was closed in 1997."
              BINGO!!!!!!
              "Oh, that's funny as the last Barclay's account I had was closed in 1988 and didn't owe them a thing."
              "Well a company called the Lyle group has been trying to contact since 1997...."
              "No they haven't and I don't owe £157. So, let me tell you what happens next shall I? I would like to point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 "an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued" Further more... The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that "continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statue barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970".
              ......the phone went quiet........
              "Well they say they did try to contact you at XXXXXXXXXXX."
              "No they did not and as such this debt that I never had is now statute barred anyway!"
              "I'll have to get back to my client Mr.XXXXXX. I don't know if you will be hearing from us again or not."
              He then put the phone down.

Now after reading up on these nasty little *******s, I have found this to be a tactic of theirs... this is when they start harassing you. Now I know that I have no debt with Barclays and I don't owe £157. Their next tactic will be to send me a letter demanding money. So, watch this space, because I am going to enjoy humiliating them!!!!!!
              :devil:
              After reading this I had to replay.
              I have just recieved a letter from Mackenzie asking if the person on the letter is me, it is to me but they are using my married name which I have not used for 16 years.
              I now know that they are after a dept re-payment, a dept I dont have.
              Should I reply and tell them that person does not exist or ignore it?

Comment

Hi Hummer,

Have you read any Curlyben?

Post #10
                http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ght=Mucky+Hall

&

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...light=Curlyben
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thankyou Crisbian,
                  your post gave me a wee smile, your attitude is brilliant and I think I will adopt it,
                  MacKenzie Hall have recently contacted me, firstly asking if I was me and latterly of trying to collect what I believe to be a non existent debt, or if it does exist it must be ancient,
                  in their most recent letter they are full of arrogance and threats as to what their client will do to me,
                  and I have never even heard of their clients let alone dealt with them,

I am going to sit back and wait to see what they think they are going tp do with me before I jump on their arrogant heads.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X