• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Student Loans and now not a student.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Loans and now not a student.

Hi All just a post for a friend hope i can help,

My Friend has had this hassle with student loans, Hes been attending hoping it will be sorted asap. He has last week been told that he is no longer on the course becuase he can't pay tuition fees and for giggles he has to pay fees for lectures he has attended.....

I could do with finding out if anybody can help how he can get around this, who can he go an discuss this with and can he appeal etc etc I need as much info as quick as possible so he can finish the course what a waste of a year otherwise. He will pass the course but Loans have buggerd it all up !

Please help

OPB
    ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Re: Student Loans and now not a student.

There should be a welfare department in his college or university. Tell him to go and see them. They deal with all sorts of problems and hardship. Hopefully they will be able to help.

shell.

Comment

Thanks for your reply!! I will tell him to look into it, Im sure that has been looked at as an option though...so anything else in the mean time can't hurt.

Anywhere else he can go an complain?
      ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Comment

He needs to find out where the mix up has originated. SAS is the government body through which he would have applied for his loan, they then decide what he is entitled to and contact the student loans company which is a private company, who then supply the loan. So either one of them has made the b's up and he will have to try and sort it with them.

In the mean time maybe he should contact the burser or even the rector and explain the situation.

shell.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X